*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3575071
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(108)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1949474
Motivate yourself to conquer your goals this week! Post on Monday; update us on Friday!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 28, 2023 at 5:20pm
UPDATE: 2 out of 3 ain't bad, innit? (7/28)
by Nostrum
Alright, so I promised to myself to update two of my stories and do a review, thinking it'd be easy. I had three days worth of working out, so I devised working one for each, maybe pull a crutch today if something happened.

And, surprise surprise, that something happened. I got distracted with some other personal work. I wouldn't say it's not important - I'm making my first step into culling the fat from the work I intend to publish traditionally to reduce some of the content and properly format it. I started with the two first chapters, and I managed to shave about 5 pages - but at the expense of splitting the second chapter. It feels tighter, though, and in-line with their later development - at least, in the protagonists' personality traits.

I was so distracted by it that, when I finally realized, it was Thursday and I had nothing. So I took Thursday to see what I could do, and I managed to start working on one of the two stories, but I was so tired I had to finish it today. And, in a clutch, I sneaked in the review, because those are a lot easier.

Thus, from the three things I proposed to do this week:
*CheckG*: Managed to finish and post the next chapter to "The Law of the Luchador.

The Start of the Luchador(a)  [13+]
El Hijo del Caballero sets Vernon's plans in motion by becoming a new talent - Cynthia
by Nostrum

*XR*: Failed to start the subsequent chapter to "Escape from Dhagor Keep (But I'll see if I can work it out during the weekend! I got part of the development of that chapter already thought of - all I need is to see them in action.)

*CheckG*: Managed to post a review for an item from a fellow member of the "Flights of Fantasy Group. It was a chapter that didn't get recognition, but it's pretty charming. Everyone should check it out!

Review of "The light bulb disaster"

So, two out of three. I wouldn't say procrastination was the issue, but lack of organization instead. (Who of us haven't suffered from that once in our life anyways?)

Until next time!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
UPDATE: 2 out of 3 ain't bad, innit? (7/28) · 07-28-23 5:20pm
by Nostrum

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3575071