Part of GoT
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 14, 2024 at 7:21pm
Door #7
by Annette
"GoT Door #7

Door #7

First coffee machine was invented in the 1800's.
Coffee was discovered sometime in 800 AD.

(Same entry/item for all three - all must be 500 words or less)

1. Invent something useful

I would invent a smoke detector that understands the words "shut up!" The reason for that is clear. Smoke detectors, in order to be useful, have to alert us to the presence of smoke in the home. However, I bet every single person who has a ceiling mounted smoke detector within shouting range of the stove has had to run to turn the ear-shattering beeping off simply because the pizza baked a little too crispy.
Imagine how beautiful it would be if all you had to do upon hearing that beeping when it's not needed, was to call out, "Be quiet! I'm cooking!" and the thing would reply with, "Sorry to disturb, Your Highness."

2. Make Changes

Worldwide, politicians should be limited to three terms. Each term should be limited to four years. Elections should all happen world wide in the same month for all seats. From president or prime minister all the way to local city council seats. During that one month, every single voter in the world can call out from work at full pay for one whole day to go and mindfully work their way down the massive ballot to decide who should run the country, their state or province, the county (or equivalent), and their city.
Three terms of four years create enough stability for visionary politicians to see through their agendas. It also means nobody can stay in one same position for life.
The outcome would be more robust voter turnout since people would not feel that they vote doesn't matter. Politicians would work harder to please their constituents as the only way to stay in politics is to climb the ladder from local to county to state to national level.
Finally, only one person per family can be a politician. No husband, wife, son, daughter of a person who is a politician or was a politician in the past twelve years can become a politician.

3. Time
(Time was invented some 5000 years ago)

I would not change time. I guess the term "invented" is a slight misnomer since time is more of a discovery like gravity. It's something that exists whether we describe it or not. Neanderthals 40,000 years ago were subject to time. So I think that the current ways to measure and keep track of time passing are fine.

Annette
Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Door #7 · 04-14-24 7:21pm
by Annette

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Gaby ~ Counting GoT Numbers.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3642239