*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3650636
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 9, 2024 at 5:30am
Commentary: You or Blackwell?
 (This message was edited by seuzz on 05-09-24 @ 12:15 pm EDT)

Welp, here we are again with me prematurely starting the commentary thread lol.

Anywho, this line has a lot going on. This is definitely the Brotherhood of Baphomet that Will’s been captured by. We already know that one of their members is a cop, Gregory Williams is the Sovereign Chancellor, and I assume our thin friend is the Sovereign Vice-Regent Aidan Seabury. The ability he showed here in yesterday’s chapter seems exactly the the described effect of the lamia from "The Vampire and the Snowman, and given that Seabury has been compared to a vampire before, somehow I don’t think that’s a coincidence.

I’m impressed that Will seems to have put up such a strong fight against Seabury’s influence, nice to see it even if he ended up succumbing. I’m guessing that they’re gonna let Will loose to retrieve the Libra after they seemingly put him under stronger influence, or at least that’s how I read it. I can’t help but wonder if Frank and Joe will be coming to the rescue.

Either way, I can’t help but be curious how deep this influence goes. Will has shaken off magical influences before by changing imago, in "Sulva Comes to Oswego. The circumstances are different of course, but it might be possible for him to free himself from the effects if he removes Melody’s mask. I suppose we’ll see sooner or later.

EDIT: The start of the branch: "You or Blackwell?
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Commentary: You or Blackwell? · 05-09-24 5:30am
by ThePrussian
Re: Commentary: You or Blackwell? · 05-09-24 8:25am
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Commentary: You or Blackwell? · 05-09-24 8:58am
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Commentary: You or Blackwell? · 05-09-24 9:56am
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: Commentary: You or Blackwell? · 05-09-24 12:14pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Commentary: You or Blackwell? · 05-10-24 12:01am
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Commentary: You or Blackwell? · 05-10-24 12:08pm
by Easy

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3650636