*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1032380
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #774192
Do you have socially unacceptable writing? Come on in....
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 7, 2005 at 4:03pm
Discrimination
Is This Discrimination? 09-29-01

As a functioning ASU math student applying my choice to complete class assignments, I was told this 1 PM, Friday 28th, 2001: That I could not be a H.O.S.T.S. mentor / teacher’s aid because I was caught with a small amount of marijuana (over one year ago)—and completed my probation, with no violations. The closely supervised, lawful behavior, during the “eye-glass months” is documented and to use that as a reason to not allow one such, Greg Edwards, to participate as a H.O.S.T.S., is overwhelmingly morally AND ETHICALLY wrong! Bias! and built upon the legs and limbs of prejudice and stereotyping. I have a FULL RIGHT to My Education AND How Dare the Educational System say NO: To a student Once More!!! SAISD or other!

You can’t do that! “Come and See!”

How many people throughout time have heard “that” and “became” through the controversy? How many “spells” of delusion & ignorance must be broken?

What kind of SAISD policy is this? Is the value of experience lost to the Youth via the abuse /misuse majority because of a pompous system? How important is it for our youth to understand consequences? Do real-life-matters and seemingly Natural Right consequences become shelved to keep the naïve, in the most important stages of their lives, ignorant! while the predisposed, vulnerable youth are potentially and horribly being raped and/or corrupted in prisons, because SAISD sheltered students from the harsh realities of an ever-tangible real world with unforeseen, ethically unjust terrors? Let those who know share. Let us all become informed and able to counter-debase our natural rights by those who know both sides of the controversy. Students need to know at all ages the justices and the injustices of the real world.

You may not agree because of your optimistically based criteria, BUT even the most “high-minded” can fall: even You, You, & YOU…

Let’s all sing along:
“…You Should!…Go For IT!…Dare to Dream!…I Think I Can…”

While to me, a student as well:
But YOU, You CAN’T!!! We won’t have your Kind.

I have done something in my own home (pot smoking for pain and didn’t hurt anyone—yet the “Us and Them” mentality of he will never do good is very present in our Own School System!!! I am a witness to the fact of it!

What I did was not to be accessible to the public to protect my rights. Did it? By the way, I wasn’t even convicted.

Do you, the judges, the so-called (but not very representative) majority of the affluent, of this predicament have the best interests of all of our children? DO YOU?
Don’t you think that I may have some insights that may change the life-course of any individual? Not to mention the primary task of simple tutoring with the knowledge of recognition to those at risk? If so, YOU HAD BETTER CAREFULLY THINK ABOUT YOUR OWN THOUGHT PROCESSING—IT MAY BE CONTAMINATED BY THE UNJUSTICES OF YOUR OWN CHILDHOOD!

Do you want to carry-on the Chaos of yesteryear? Or allow the wisdom of those who have failed the system, to help unravel the mystery of what not to do?

As emotionally-based as I may sound, I have credible evidence in myself that a truly wonderful life may start right NOW.

Greg Edwards
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Discrimination · 03-07-05 4:03pm
by catazone
Re: Discrimination · 03-08-05 4:39pm
by Tension

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Elisa the Bunny Stik.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1032380