*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1036469
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Other · #660949
Competition: Each fortnight new prompts for a short story + 10,000 GPs/Awardicon available
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 14, 2005 at 7:54pm
New Prompts for Next Round!!!
These prompts run from 3/13/04 to 3/27/04

1. “Daddy?”

“Yes, Little one?” I answered as I tousled her hair with my hand.

“Do you think its time yet?” She responded, looking up at me with a sad hopeful look.

“How soon? How soon, Daddy? We’ve been out here for at least fifteen minutes and I don’t see them yet. How soon?” she asked as we both scanned the melting snow in front of us.

“ As soon as they’re ready,” I whispered as I drew her close to me. She nestled her head against my side, and together we waited for the first flower of spring.

2. When the whistle blew, every miner who wasn’t at work stopped what they were doing and headed for the shaft. The whistle could only mean one thing.

3. The old car sputtered and coughed to a stop a good twelve inches from the curb. An ancient grizzled and gaunt figure emerged from behind the steering wheel. He moved like a spider extricating himself from a very tight spot. When he stretched himself to his full height I could see why. He stood at least seven feet tall. In my nine years on the planet I had never seen a more impressive person…and his appearance was just the beginning.

4. Long shadows fell across the darkening sky. The red and white checkered curtains that hung in the kitchen window fluttered in the cool evening breeze. Mathew sat at the table, a soup spoon in one hand and the other hand just a few inches from the Smith & Wesson 44 that lay next to his steaming bowl. Tonight’s the night, he thought. Tonight’s the night, for sure.

How do you feel about your writing?  (E)
Do you and your readers agree/disagree on your best stories?
#795405 by Rasputin

Pick Your Prompt  (18+)
Do you like to write to prompts?Have a prompt contest? This is the place for you.
#819961 by Rasputin

Sig made for me by Melissa
Rasputin fishing

~~Image #4000 Sharing Restricted~~
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
New Prompts for Next Round!!! · 03-14-05 7:54pm
by Rasputin

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Rasputin.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1036469