*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1106390
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Community · #906692
What's keeping you away? Money? Transportation? Never heard of it before? What?
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 26, 2005 at 10:20pm
Skipper Me
Why didn't I go? Whew!

Money, of course, was the biggest reason: not the cost but the time off. DH got laid off in March and we've been living off savings; he got a new job in June but has not yet assembled vacation days. Even if he had, he is not excited about using one of them for writing.com.

I could come alone, but I've got three kids - ages four, two, and six months - so there wouldn't be any point. I believe I remember several no-kids functions, but even if I took three kids several hundred miles in a van without air conditioning....I'd probably collapse in the hotel room for the whole of convention.

Maybe I can convince my in-laws to take my oldest two with them on vacation next year (they took my daughter last year) and I can take the baby/toddler with me and skip the night stuff...or I can see if dh would be interested in PA. Probably not.

I need a dh hook to draw him in and not have him upset if I leave him with three kids...I heard catwoman makes great fudge, but I'd sure have to get a lot. Oh, wait, he hates fudge. Foiled again.

<sigh>

Maybe when my kids are 20? *Wink*

Merit Badge in Reviewing
[Click For More Info]

Ranked # 1   Public Reviewer  for the month of  June 2005 . For more details, please see  [Link To Item #614925] . Merit Badge in Success
[Click For More Info]

For being the Number One Reviewer at the end of the EnduReview II contest in December of 2004! Congratulations.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#994583 by Not Available.

Invalid Item 
#924353 by Not Available.

Merit Badge in Attention to Detail
[Click For More Info]

From  [Link To Item #861549]   Job well done!!!  Keep up the good work!!! Merit Badge in Editing
[Click For More Info]

For the best review I've ever received!

Invalid Item 
#812129 by Not Available.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Skipper Me · 07-26-05 10:20pm
by Scottiegazelle
Re: Skipper Me · 07-27-05 10:23am
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Chriswriter.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1106390