*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1287282
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #554585
Spring 2006 SLAM! - Congrats to the winners - see you all next time!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 21, 2006 at 4:53pm
Edited: May 21, 2006 at 5:11pm
PRELIM Round 1 Winners
by Sophy
Do NOT reply to this post - congratulations, questions, comments, should be in the "The SLAM! Green Room.

First of all - may I say again - for myself and the judges .... WOW! *Bigsmile* We knew this would be tough, but had no idea how tough until the SLAM started and you started posting your wonderful poems. So many wonderful entries, so difficult to narrow down to just five!

I know this may sound trite - but I've SLAMMED enough in the 4+ years I've been on the site to know that it's true - EVERYONE who SLAMS is a winner, whether or not you place in a round. Just taking a chance by stepping out onto the SLAM! stage to share your hearts and souls with us is a huge deal - so congratulations to everyone for such a tremendous first round of SLAM!

REMEMBER: You are ALL eligible to compete in PRELIM Round 2 - the prompt for which will be posted Monday morning (and you are ALL eligible for Rounds 3 and 4). Whether you placed in Round 1 or didn't, whether you even entered Round 1 or not - you can ALL compete in ALL of the Prelim Rounds. You only need to be one of the top 5 in one of the 4 PRELIMS Rounds to qualify for the Finales. If you have questions about this, please ask in the Green Room.

.........:::::::::: drumroll ::::::::::..........

*Star*And now, the top 5 for PRELIM ROUND 1, with an automatic trip to the FINALES ....*Star*

5,000 GPS to
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1107050 by Not Available.

4,000 GPs to
Four Days, by sapience "Re: PRELIM - Round 1"  

3,000 GPs to
Brooklyn, 9/01/01 by Ghost of Stereotomy "Re: PRELIM - Round 1"  

2,000 GPs to
 Direct Impact  (18+)
Poem relating JFK's death to a more personal time.
#1107042 by Diane

1,000 GPs
 Invalid Item 
#1107684 by Not Available.

*Heart*Honorable Mentions (no GPs and no ticket to the finale - yet - but worth special mention):
*Heart*

Sons of August  (13+)
Hiroshima, Nagasaki
#1107133 by Eliot

Moving Day: April 15, 1986  (ASR)
freeform entry for SLAM prompt--history is personal
#1106243 by ridinghhood-p.boutilier

Invalid Item 
#1107667 by Not Available.

FYI: All three of us judges - Joy , Texas Belle , and myself - are judging each round. We share our top five picks with each other, assign point values to each, and then tally up the top 5 point-getters for each round. If there is a tie, the prompter breaks it.

Sophy
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
PRELIM Round 1 Winners · 05-21-06 4:53pm
by Sophy

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Cappucine.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1287282