*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1398767
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Medical · #1013752
Share your feelings, frustrations. Teach others about yours, learn about theirs.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 9, 2006 at 12:23pm
The Frustration and Disappointment of
         I know this subject is not new to any of us with disabilities. I'm commenting on it at this time for two reasons.
         One, to remind all of us, myself included, to remember that we are not alone in feeling the frustration and disappointment that finding ourselves facing limitations we never had before, or haven't had for a while can bring. Knowing we're not alone is important in our situation.
         And two, I'm feeling that frustration more right now that I usually do. The simple act of washing dishes brings back pain after standing in one place for a certain length of time. And this from someone who remembers doing a lot of physical things in gym class in high school. Yes, memories came to a semi-idle mind as I washed those dishes.
         Then the pain brought me back to reality. *Smile* Some days it's the back pain, some days my knees and legs (yes, they hurt independently, and do it quite often), hurt so bad it hurts to walk, some days it's my elbows hurting to the point where no arm position is comfortable, and some days it's a combination of some two, or all three of those flaring up on me. And on a few occasions, even my hands, especially the knuckles will hurt as well.
         I should be fair, though, and say that the last 3 days or so have not been as bad as those that came earlier. My legs haven't been aching as bad as usual by bedtime. I'm hoping things will stay that way for a while. *Smile* But I'm not counting my chickens on that one. I have a ton of leaves to rake in addition to doing the dishes this morning, and I'd love to make good use of this time off work (some vacation day - no car to get to work - it's in the shop - lol). But the darn fibro doesn't make it very easy to use a lot of that time productively. I'm able to have time for this entry because I'm resting my back after the latest effort. It's necessary time, of course, but it cuts time from my original plan. Still, that situation doesn't normally bother me as much as it is today. I think not having the car and not being able to get around as usual is part of the frustration.
         We all feel frustrated like this at times, I know. I guess today is just my latest turn at it. Like I said, it's nice knowing we're not alone. Thanks for listening. *Bigsmile*
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
The Frustration and Disappointment of · 11-09-06 12:23pm
by Incurable Romantic
Re: The Frustration and Disappointment of · 11-11-06 11:05pm
by AmyBallantyne
Re: Re: The Frustration and Disappointment of · 11-13-06 7:21pm
by Incurable Romantic
Re: The Frustration and Disappointment of · 11-12-06 1:04pm
by Wystful
Re: Re: The Frustration and Disappointment of · 11-13-06 7:37pm
by Incurable Romantic

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Incurable Romantic.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1398767