*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1399179
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Sci-fi · #420688
Welcome Trekkers. Have a cup of Klingon Raktajino, and enjoy our friendly Starbase.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 10, 2006 at 10:04am
Must Tell
by Mitch
Once upon a time I was a hotel front desk clerk in Albany, NY. Unknown to me our sales office arranged for us to host a Star Trek Convention. On one overnight shift the woman in charge of reservations for guests calls with questions and we talk for 4 hours! the next day I get called in and am told I am suddenly the hotel's representative to the convention group. Awesome perks including meeting Mark Lenard in his hotel room. The other 'guest' was Marina Sirtis. Marina is a bit snooty and would only stay at the finest hotel in the city and not with us but she did prove to be a very funny public speaker.

Anyway the funny part of the story on Saturday night the had a dinner with the two guests. Both of them went from table to table shaking everyone's hands. I was 23 years old and in awe of this beautiful celebrity (you can't tell on the show but she has awesome legs). She gets to my table and shakes my hand while I mumble a hello. As she moves onto the person next to me she suddenly turns back, looks me in the eye and says, "What were you just thinking?" It was a very friendly question with smile included, nothing rude or annoyed. I just looked back and told her, "Your the mind reader, you tell me!" The whole table as well as Marina laughed. It was definately a memorable moment.

FLIP....It's an attitude, not just a name.
Always in a "New York State OF Mind"
Yankees in 2007!!!!
My Signature
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Must Tell · 11-10-06 10:04am
by Mitch
Re: Must Tell · 11-10-06 11:19am
by Maryann

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1399179