*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1453948
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #992893
Do you wish more members would read and comment on your Blog? Here's how.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 14, 2007 at 2:12pm
Entry Number Five from Teff

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Contest Entry

Posted comments and made introduction @ Blog No. 338 and No. 265 the blog liseted below.

Review, Contest Enty:

Feb 14, ST. VALENTINE'S DAY <>

Entering Blog Ring's RATE 5 & WIN CONTEST is quite the surprising challenge. However, picking up the gauntlet affords the knowledge that reading blogs is immensely fun, time restraints aside.
Ironically, while the Lehigh Valley experiences our first snow storm of sorts, besides jaunts to clear off my Lamborghini parked under several piles of snow, slush, sleet and ice ... zeroing in on THE SNOWFLAKE CHRONICLES is now the subject of this final blog/ contest /review.

Writing from as far off as Las Vegas, Prosperous Snow's choices of such a varied amount of topics in over 400 blog entries is absolutely staggering. No wonder blog/ journals are considered books. Here, a fine job is done (since 2002 c-rite) and Snow is quite the author who can turn the fancy phrase, wake up the place and still be on top of things with numerous friends and comments coming her way.

Today, we actually spoke about the Mothman of Point Pleasant, WV circa 1967. So besides: How to Pronounce Banana, you can always depend on this blog to include writing facts, and suggestions.

Links are astonishing, mainly of great interest.

Indeed, way to go ... Prosperous Snow.

However, and please tuck this one inside your repertoire with a simple side glance. Perhaps it will suit in later keyboard action, you decide, dear author.

Several years ago, in 2002, a UK writer on a newsgroup gave off sound advice to all listeners, posters, writers, and the group. Of course, the exact quote escapes me at the moment.

However, when we write, everyone knows who we are when we sign our stuff. So using the following phrases maybe what he (above) termed "cutesy middle grounder-ing" but in some aspects for readers, the poor schmuck is right.

Where possible one might reconsider:
I think
I wonder
I'm not sure
I wonder if
I suppose
I've been wondering
well you name it
still we argue
I guess

All of the above, because we get it, hon.
Which points to Snow's "No matter how many differences ... there are just as many or even more similarities."

No grammar faults with cliches, but sometimes such usage may spell a straight arrow path to occasional marriage to redundant and verbose. Time saved for a reader is like a penny earned. The cent of the sense of this suggestion is brevity for writer and readers from Anchorage to Bangor, to St. Louis to Chicago.

However, of great interest what this blogger touches upon can never be erased. Teff recommends SNOWFLAKE CHRONICLES to all members eligible. While we may also cite a patient gift not to offend, not to generalize without actual quotes on facts, the above phrase list can be taken that way also. Of the latter be aware. Because: as always, blogging is and should remain individually glued to personal preferences.

Well, back to the drawing board down at:

MOFFETT FILES TAKE FIVE  (18+)
LIFE TOPICS WELCOME/ posts/writing tips/ a record/crt2005
#924861 by April Sunday

Where talk of writing hints is a click around the corner of the proverbial distance between first and second base.

Cordially, TEFF
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Entry Number Five from Teff · 02-14-07 2:12pm
by April Sunday

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, SouthernDiva.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1453948