*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1454151
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Comedy · #1218077
Have you read something you'd like to say something horrid about?
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 14, 2007 at 7:53pm
I'll go first!
As a rule I simply won't read stuff I think is garbage, but once in a while I get a request...

I'd love to tell some people to either learn to spell, or use a spell-checker, but that won't fix erroneously used homonyms. A lot of people need one of those word-a-day calenders, but still couldn't get the hang of English. People who preface something with "I relly need revus but i now i cant spill" should be beaten cruelly about the head and shoulders.

A few typos don't bother me, although I do tend to smirk to myself. I can get past a lot of boo-boos for a really great story, or a poem that truly grips me. However, people who relate anecdotes (and pointless anecdotes at that) as short stories, or try to pass off badly punctuated prose as poetry irritate me no end! Grammar, spelling, and punctuation DO count! "Use of dialect" does not mean sticking in any old word you like the look of, even though you have no clue as to its meaning.

At the same time, I love it that all are welcome here. Anyone who wants to write should be encouraged to do so without let or hindrance. This is a wonderful site just because of the open-hearted sharing available to everyone, talented, untalented, and life-sucking alike.

Here I will put some of the comments I would love to have made, but never will because it would only hurt someone's feelings.

Chris

Chriswriter
~~Image #4000 Sharing Restricted~~

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."George Eliot

"I like not only to be loved, but to be told that I am loved, for the realm of darkness is great beyond the grave." George Eliot

"Maturity is overrated." Garfield
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
I'll go first! · 02-14-07 7:53pm
by Chriswriter

<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Chriswriter.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1454151