*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1472843
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Medical · #1013752
Share your feelings, frustrations. Teach others about yours, learn about theirs.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 17, 2007 at 5:49pm
Just Checking In - They're At It Again
         Over the last few days, my legs have been up to their old tricks again, just with a different kind of pain. And the fact that it's different shouldn't surprise any of us with Fibro, or any that know how it works. And it couldn't have come at a worse time. Though now that I say that, it'll probably find one. *Smile*
          They've been bothering me this way since about last Wednesday, the 14th or so, maybe a little earlier. The biggest pain has been in the right knee, and it's been one that hasn't stopped. Not throbbing or anything, just a painful, steady ache, that even my usual knee-bend "therapy" wouldn't get rid of for more than 5 minutes.
         Along with that, the rest of my legs had a tightening sensation about them, just one that seemed to take a back seat to the knee pain for the moment. Not the strangely tight and twisting pain that they'd had a few weeks back. For that much I've been thankful. The knee pain was bad enough this time around.
         Especially when I had an all-day class on Friday, the 16th, and had to remain seated more than my usual work routine required. I took a Neproxen before class started at 8:00 AM, but then forgot to do the same at lunch time to help keep the pain down that afternoon. Great.
         I found myself rubbing the kneecap in a circular motion and moving the leg rather frequently. Thankfully we were all seated at round tables, and not in rows of chairs. That gave me the needed extra room to move around. And at our breaks, I did about 6-9 deep knee bends. That helped kick the pain for about 10-15 minutes at the most, unlike the 2-3 hours it had worked for in the past.
         Today, so far, they're not too bad. The knee is quiet, and the leg muscles aren't too tight. Hopefully they'll stay this calm for a while. But, as always, it's a wait-and-see situation.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Just Checking In - They're At It Again · 03-17-07 5:49pm
by Incurable Romantic
Re: Just Checking In - They're At It Again · 04-05-07 12:12pm
by Rosey
Re: Re: Just Checking In - They're At It Again · 04-06-07 8:06pm
by Incurable Romantic

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Incurable Romantic.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1472843