*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1543814
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #980111
A sanctuary for weary writers, inky wretches, and aspiring professional novelists.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 9, 2007 at 11:29pm
The Corporeal Muse
by Amarisa
Now that we've gone through all the variations of a muse (small enough to perch on your shoulder, enough whammy to slug you over the head with her huge wand, etc), I thought I'd take this to the plain of reality for a moment.

Does anyone else have muses that pop up in people? For example, I have two friends that I could never do without when it comes to writing.

One of them sat down with me for lunch one day, and either because of her or the fountain Dr. Pepper that we swear our school drugged with creative juices, we ended up staying there for three hours building an entire futuristic world and finding at least seven ways to destroy it. Did we come up with plot or characters? Haha, no. But at least we have a world to plop them in. She is wonderful when it comes to bouncing back ideas, be it real life or just fantastical wonderings, and half the time I end up taking notes for future stories. All we have to do is start talking and her muse-like powers fly through the computer screen or air and right into my mind.

Another friend is much the same way when it comes to bouncing back ideas and spontaneously spawning others. Being a LARP/gamer by nature, he is brilliant with concepts, names, or simple plot devices. We could talk for over an hour on a small plot point, and during that hour he pulls up ideas that work for at least two other stories that had been on a back burner for years. That and just being around him allows me to base a lot of characters or situations off him or his life. A muse incarnate.

They are my two muses. Sure I have that greek goddess/faerie that shows up at least a few times a week (usually at work), but her shift is usually split by my two friends.

Does anyone else have a corporeal muse(s)? If so, how do they end up helping you?
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
The Corporeal Muse · 07-09-07 11:29pm
by Amarisa
Re: The Corporeal Muse · 07-09-07 11:44pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: The Corporeal Muse · 08-01-07 7:58pm
by Lori Basiewicz
Re: Re: Re: The Corporeal Muse · 08-01-07 11:01pm
by Marcia Landa

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Liam Jackson.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1543814