*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1591189
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Entertainment · #1315339
Here is a spot to post your favorite movie/TV lines.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 1, 2007 at 2:09pm
Edited: October 1, 2007 at 3:47pm
The Fifth Element
Here are a couple quotes from The Fifth Element which i found fast-paced and funny. It hosted an amazing cast with witty-quick lines. This scene is with Korben (Bruce Willis) talking on the phone with his mother. (Unknown voice-over actor)

[Korben is arguing with his mother on the phone]
Korben's Mother: Oh, I get it. You wanna make your only mother to beg. Is that it?
Korben Dallas: No, I don't wanna make you beg. All I want is an explanation. Look, I just got in. I just smashed my cab, I lost my job, I got mugged. Besides that, everything's peachy. Thanks for asking. Now will you just settle down and explain this to me calmly.
Korben's Mother: Oh, so you don't know you won a trip to Fhloston Paradise for two for 10 days? And I suppose you'll just leave me on the lunar surface to freeze my ass off?
Korben Dallas: If I'd won a trip, I'd know about it. Somebody would've notified me.
[a message drops in his tube]
Korben's Mother: Corben, they've been blaring your name on the radio for the last hour, you big ape.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[just getting into his hotel room, the phone rings and its his mother on the other line]
Korben's Mother: You miserable bastard! I never should've pushed you out.
Korben Dallas: Ma?
Korben's Mother: Oh, so you don't know you won a trip to Fhloston Paradise for two for 10 days? I was in labor for days, and this is how you repay me? I should've just gotten a robot.
Korben Dallas: Come on, Ma.
Korben's Mother: Don't "come on, Ma" me. I should be there, not you! I need a tan! I need a cocktail!

Writing credits
(WGA)
Luc Besson (story)

Luc Besson (screenplay) &
Robert Mark Kamen (screenplay)

C.Anthony
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
The Fifth Element · 10-01-07 2:09pm
by C. Anthony

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, C. Anthony.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1591189