*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1614176
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Entertainment · #1315339
Here is a spot to post your favorite movie/TV lines.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 3, 2007 at 1:53pm
Roman Holiday
This charming movie, filmed entirely in Roma, Itali was Audrey Hepburn's first big screen role. It's easy to see why she won the hearts of movie-goers around the world. The lead role of Joe Bradley was first offered to Cary Grant, but was turned down because he felt he would be over shadowed by Audrey Hepburn. Released in 1953, it was written by Dalton Trumbo who at the time was the subject of the Communisum Party trials taking place in America. This of course brought great shame to Hollywood and as a result, they blacklisted Mr. Trumbo from the writting world. In the original release date, Mr. Trumble's name was credited under the "front" name of Ian McLellan Hunter and it was not until recently that his true name was officially associated with the movie. The beautiful costumes for this movie are credited to Edith Head, who was best known for her love of fashion and detail, as well as her trade-mark dark lens glasses. Fans of the movie The Incredibles might remember the little serious, dark lens-glasses-wearing charator responsible for gretting the costumes ready for the super-powed family. A sneeky little tribut to Miss. Head. Great stuff!
Enjoy this scene with Joe Bradley (Gregory Peck) and Princess Ann ( Audrey Hepburn) after having just spent the night with Joe.

Princess Ann: Have I been here all night, alone?
Joe Bradley: If you don't count me, yes.
Princess Ann: So I've spent the night here - with you?
Joe Bradley: Well now, I-I don't know that I'd use those words exactly, but uh, from a certain angle, yes.
Princess Ann: [beaming with a smile] How do you do?
Joe Bradley: How do you do?
Princess Ann: And you are - ?
Joe Bradley: Bradley, Joe Bradley.
Princess Ann: Delighted.
Joe Bradley: You don't know how delighted I am to meet you.
Princess Ann: You may sit down.
Joe Bradley: (sitting on the bed) Thank you very much. What's your name?
Princess Ann: You may call me Anya.

Writing credits
(WGA)
Dalton Trumbo (story) (front Ian McLellan Hunter)

Ian McLellan Hunter (screenplay) and
John Dighton (screenplay)

Ian McLellan Hunter (front for Dalton Trumbo)

C. Anthony
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Roman Holiday · 11-03-07 1:53pm
by C. Anthony

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, C. Anthony.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1614176