*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1667648
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #774192
Do you have socially unacceptable writing? Come on in....
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 7, 2008 at 12:42pm
Hey, all!
I know I haven't been around much. I admit I've been busy with other projects both on and off the site. However, I still do my part to encourage less mainstream writings. I have checked the list of other places to submit less mainstream items for reviews and what not, and I'll be adding some stuff over the next couple weeks. I'll try to review from here more often as well, but between judging the Dear Me contest, running the reviewing newsletter, editing the drama newsletter and about 5,000 other things...we'll see. Still, don't wait for me. Feel free to submit pieces, share your thoughts on taboo writing issues and go nuts here. I still do lurk. *Smile*

There is one other purpose for me dropping in here, though. Along with "Troublesome Musings [18+] (which will run again this year), I have plans to REALLY reward the past winners of the contest. In 2009, it will be five years since I first lanuched the contest. To celebrate, I'm giving the past awardees a chance to reap even more rewards for the works. Only pieces that won between 2004 and 2008 will be eligible. Anyway, along with telling everyone you know to read and vote...I am asking for some help. I normally don't, but I did the math. Only now do I realize how big of a deal this is. Plaques, trophies, merit badges and even a Writing.com t-shirt are in the works for prizes, and the total math for all these prizes (seven of them with a similar ranking structure to the regular contest) is pushing 3 million gift points. I've already started saving, but I am accepting donations. If you are interested, give me a shout. I'm not making the gift bank public yet; that will be a few months down the road. However, I want to get the word out as soon as I can so people are aware of this (and I wanted to do it before I completely forgot). I'm really looking forward to this, and I promise more details in the coming year.

The truest statement ever...now a sig.
...you know it's true...

For plugging Acid Tongued

Merit Badge in Writing
[Click For More Info]

For this quote, the winner of  [Link To Item #952440] :  Running on the treadmill and bench pressing can be good enough distractors, exorcisizing demons in a way.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Hey, all! · 02-07-08 12:42pm
by Elisa the Bunny Stik

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Elisa the Bunny Stik.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1667648