Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2101996
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Community · #1282024
Forum for horror book lovers to chat
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 21, 2010 at 5:17pm
Night Church
Night Church by Whitley Strieber

Is the story of two star-crossed lovers, soul-mates borne and bound since their births to be together forever. The Night Church is the unholy contradiction to the Church of God, and have guided the destinies of Jonathan and Patricia since before they were conceived.

Something Evil is coming: The end of the world is nigh: And Jon and Pat are in the center of the melee.

Unaware of the dangers and the sequence of the events, which had been fully controlled by the Night Church, Jon and Pat are suspicious of unfolding mysteries and miracles. They know something is wrong, but are unsure just what it is.

The only person who can help them is Jon's step father, who is a seasoned Detective in the police force. But as twist after twist snaps clear in front of their eyes they become evermore dubious about who they can trust.

This isn't too bad of a book; I find with Whitley Strieber you either finish his books in a mad excited dash (Cat Magic, Wolfen, & The Forbidden Zone) or it tends to run out of steam (The Hunger). This novel fell into the latter category, and I even put the book down and forgot to finish it off. It wasn't until I began updating my library database that I came across the novel with my book mark in. So I decided to finish it off.

After the first chapter, back into the book, the story started to pick up momentum and I really did enjoy the last half of the book.

So in conclusion I'd say... If you have nothing else to read and it's a winters day and you've awoken to find yourself snowed in... then give this book a shot.

7/10

Come join me - We ALL Float Down Here.

*Balloon3* PENNYWISE *Balloon3* Stephen *Balloon3*

Cover & promo for Absolute Horror Writing Contests.

"Absolute Horror Flash Fiction Contest"   by Pennywise

"Absolute Monthly Horror Contest"   by Pennywise
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Night Church · 06-21-10 5:17pm
by Pennywise

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Pennywise.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2101996