*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2135058
Rated: E · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #507000
Have a tribute you'd like to share about Writing.Com or our birthday? Post here!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 10, 2010 at 11:43am
I remember
I remember the day I was introduce to WDC.

I stood in the study of a friend, bound for university. He thought that I'd do well with the likes of the users of such a community though he was not a member. At that point in life I'd just realized that, after dropping writing for approximately nine years and picking it up only months before, all I wanted to do was write. The only thing I felt truly at one with, though I am an amateur, is literature, both reading and writing. In that year, I decided to stop of pretense of wanting to do law and put my all into writing, the arts. I'd lost my ability to draw something I'd dropped at the same time as my writing. I was not about to lose anything else.

My writings at that point were dark and deep full of soul. But I needed guidance and here at WDC I found that along with inspiration, encouragement, friendship, for which I was so desperate. Oddly enough I haven't took any courses but it is through the extremely useful, straightforward, yet kind reviews that allowed me to express better the emotions which swirl within. The reviews, and the contests, especially "The Writer's Cramp - Poetry Week [13+] have really helped. It was this contest which pushed me to write when I wasn't in the mood, and which gave me prompt when I simply didn't know what to write about and wanted to. I also remember vividly, it was Robert Waltz who advised that I should try it/drop in. I still drop in though irregular and at times I don't enter but they still keep my fingers warm. When I think of my writings in 2008 before WDC compared to those in 2010, I am shocked.

Some of my most treasured memories are within the walls of Writing.Com. Every big celebration/holiday which has occurred since I began. My last two birthdays, becoming a Rising Star thanks to embe on my birthday (which simply happened to be a coincidence) and then a PA. I have never felt such happiness. Unreal is the only word that comes to mind.

Thank you and Happy Birthday The StoryMistress and The StoryMaster

Thank you to the entire community.

Thank you for existing. Thank you for continuing. Thank you for pushing. Thank you for your kindness. Thank you...for everything you do.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
Sponsored by embe
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
I remember · 09-10-10 11:43am
by Shaziane

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2135058