*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2146914
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by SWPoet
Rated: E · Message Forum · Other · #1713827
Discussions and response poems about matters of faith, culture, beliefs, and tolerance.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 6, 2010 at 4:48pm
My Belief
I believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins, and that I must be buried with Him through baptism in order to have my sins washed away. I believe that the waters of baptism represent the blood that Jesus shed, and that only His blood can cleanse me and prepare me for Heaven. I believe this because it is written in the Bible, whose author is God, the Creator of the Universe and all that is in it. I believe He created me, and He has the right to make all the rules about going to Heaven.

I believe that God is a loving God and wants everyone to be saved so that they may enter Heaven. This is also written in the Bible. However, He is literally unable to be in the presence of sin and, therefore, cannot allow anyone into Heaven unless they have been cleansed from their sins. This is also in the Bible. You see, all of my beliefs about salvation are supported by scriptures in the Bible.

It doesn't matter what a preacher tells me. It doesn't matter what I think the rules should be. The only thing that matters is what God says in His Bible that He has given to us for our instruction.

Now, I would never want to offend anyone, so let me quickly say that God loves everyone and expects me to love and care about everyone. He would never authorize me to take the law into my own hands and commit crimes against anyone who believes differently than I do. It really raises my ire when I see where someone has been beaten or killed in the name of God.

I know there are so many right here on WdC who have very different beliefs. Many who are my friends and have been my friends for a long time. I think that I am richer for knowing people with other beliefs. We can learn from other cultures and other beliefs.

Wow, I just read back over this, and it just sounds so preachy. I never meant for it to sound that way. I guess when Brandy told me about this forum, and I read what she wrote, I just felt strongly that I needed to be honest about my beliefs. I truly hope no one is offended.

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1705324 by Not Available.

Pat
warriormom
Angel Army Reviewer of the Month Plaque
 Invalid Item 
#1472983 by Not Available.

Pink Butterfly signature by Kiya from my secret admirer

** Image ID #1537418 Unavailable **

Sent from the Heart signature from Shannon
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

GROUP
Showering Acts of Joy Group  (E)
On indefinite hiatus
#1499415 by Pat ~ Rejoice always!

Invalid Item 
#1505478 by Not Available.

CNOTE
Southern Sentiments Shop 3  (E)
Beautiful Assorted C-Notes created by Sonnet Wolf
#1477751 by Pat ~ Rejoice always!

FOLDER
Coffee Table  (E)
Have some iced tea and enjoy some poetry.
#1469226 by Pat ~ Rejoice always!

FOLDER
Bookshelf  (E)
A variety of stories, articles, and other prose, both fiction and non-fiction
#1433181 by Pat ~ Rejoice always!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
My Belief · 10-06-10 4:48pm
by Pat ~ Rejoice always!
Re: My Belief · 02-02-11 10:47pm
by SWPoet

<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, SWPoet.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2146914