*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2209868
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Message Forum · Tribute · #1757953
The students and friends of Miss Laura would like to thank her.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 8, 2011 at 10:22pm
Dear Miss Laura
by Fi
Dear Miss Laura,

Joining PDG late, I jumped into the middle of things. I had little idea about PDG except that I wanted to take the course. I felt lost and a little sheepish, wondering if it was a good idea to commit myself. Then I received an email from my teacher. It was just my idea of an email from a good teacher to a student! Miss Laura, you were honest with me, telling me it wouldn't be easy; you said you thought I could do it; you excused me from previous assignments and review requirements. I was over the moon.

After that, I really wanted to please you. I wanted to do the assignments and review requirements, but I had little time. I know I did pretty poorly at keeping up with everyone else, but your temperate emails of encouragement and honesty helped me so much. My mentor (Kim!) also supported me and you two together – what more could I have wanted?

I loved the discussion topics you brought up in class. I loved the way you treated your students. I loved the assignments (although I hardly got around to them), lessons and review requirements.

Miss Laura, I really love and respect you for what you have been doing for us. Thank you so much for your personal support, guidance and teaching. I would have been lost in PDG without you.

I hope our friendship doesn't end with the class.

Oh, and by the way I brought some chocolates and a box of kittens!

God bless,

~ Kasia

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

*RainbowL* GO SHOWERING ACTS OF JOY! *RainbowR*

"Showering Acts of Joy Group [E]

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.
~ Jim Elliot

I believe in the sun, even when it is not shining.
I believe in love, even when I do not feel it.
I believe in God, even when He is silent.

(Etched on a wall in Nazi concentration camp)

*Bird* *StarDavid* *Bird*

"Invalid Item

MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Dear Miss Laura · 03-08-11 10:22pm
by Fi

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The Huntress ~ Finding Love.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2209868