*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2224916
by lotte
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Gothic · #1641024
Sacrifice a story at the altar and unlock the secrets of terror!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 12, 2011 at 5:13pm
My entry
I will never forget the lesson I learned on that fateful night. Never make light of anyone else's fears. This is my story.
My husband Fred has always been an outdoors man. He loves to hunt and fish anything that's allowed and some things that aren't. Sometime when he was younger he was sitting out in the woods in the early morning and for some reason he developed a strange fear of aliens. He said it all started when he watched signs for the first time. His friends always seem to laugh and jest with him about such a childish fear. He would just shrug it off and move along to the next subject.
One afternoon Fred and his friends Rob and George came into the house after a morning of turkey hunting.
"I Know it was just a plane so screw you guys."
"Yeah, Yeah we know Fred you damn near jumped outta your skin cuz you went and seen a plane." Rob said laughing.
"Just drop it already. Hey, hun what's for lunch?"Fred asked me as he stripped off his camos.
We ate lunch with Rob and George and I listened to them joking with Fred again about his spook in the woods this morning. After we ate and the guys went home Fred and I just lounged about and relaxed.
Later that night as we were getting into bed we thought we heard something outside. Fred grabbed his loaded revolver and headed to the front door. He came back and said he didn't find anything so we crawled into bed. A few minutes later we saw a bunch of flashing lights coming in through the window. Fred flew out of bed and couldn't remember where he laid his revolver so he grabbed his huge bowie knife. He ran to the front door and swung it open and standing there was the weirdest looking alien I have ever seen. It had a huge head with bulbous green eyes and was wearing what looked like a set of black thermals. Before I could get a really good look Fred let out a loud howl like sob and attacked. The alien stepped back and went to reach up when Fred Stuck the knife in the lower abdomen and yanked it up. Blood and guts flowed out onto the porch. Fred dropped the knife and backed up suddenly realizing that this was not an alien but a person. George suddenly cut off the lights and came running screaming at Fred and crying. Fred stood there rooted to the spot afraid to move for fear of seeing who exactly was under that mask. Even though we already knew. George tore the mask off Rob and was begging him to hold on. I ran for the phone and called an ambulance. I got towels and ran back outside but as I knelt down next to Rob I noticed no life left in his eyes. I closed them and got a blanket to cover him up. I went to Fred to see if he was alright but he just stood there staring at his hands covered in blood. He stayed that way until the police put him in the car to take him to the station. He wasn't charged with anything but he never came home. He went straight to an institution where he never said another word again. As for me I cry every time I get scared in the slightest bit. That was truly a prank never to be forgotten.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
My entry · 04-12-11 5:13pm
by Tenicia neal

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, lotte.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2224916