*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2249694
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Community · #1403831
For newbies seeking mentors and writers needing support via their peers; stop by today!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 7, 2011 at 2:12am
Seeking novel writing mentor...
by A Non-Existent User
Hello there *Smile*
My name is Brooke Marie and I'm eighteen-years-old. My account is new to WDC, but I've been off and on the site since I was thirteen, actually. I've been writing practically my whole life, and my main strength is writing with a great deal of emotion. I seem to be best at poetry, though I love to write stories, as well.

I'm hoping to find a writing mentor/partner who can guide me along the novel writing process. I understand the steps to take, and I'm familiar with creative writing itself. I've started novels before, but they were never finished. I would become super excited, and then the passion would die off when I became involved with another idea.

The main idea I have for the novel I am pursuing has been in my head for months. I really wasn't looking for a novel idea, it just came to me and won't leave me alone! *Laugh* I've decided to get it all out on paper, so I don't simply go mad. I attached the link to my folder in bitem format at the bottom of this post, if you're willing to look into my work. I have a main idea, but have developed a couple different plots to go along with it (different historical times and settings).

I also added a link of my poetry collection. I'm willing to review and help the mentor in poetry writing, hence I'm kind of calling this a "partnership" too. I write free verse, but if you find that I am able to help you, I'm willing. If the person is writing a novel, I'd be willing to help them out too. Swap reviews and encouragement sort of thing. I would read pretty much any kind of novel if it isn't science fiction or fantasy. I'm not experienced in those genres and wouldn't be much help.

I have a lot of things happening in my life right now, so I know I won't be able to dedicate my full attention to writing a novel. If the mentor/partner can't review or email me three times a day, that's no problem. I understand "reality" has it's own requirements.

I pretty much just need someone who is experienced in novel/story writing. The publishing aspect isn't something I'm worried about right now. Mainly, I need help with grammar errors and the flow of writing from a reader's perspective. I know there are groups for these sorts of things, but I'm not sure if I can meet the deadlines for reviewing others. Plus, I'd like someone who was there every step of the way as sort of an encouragement and helper.

If you're interested, please email me or check out my folder for more info on the novel. Thanks! *Smile*

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1782961 by Not Available.

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1782557 by Not Available.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

“If I don’t write to empty my mind, I go mad.” ~ Lord Byron
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Seeking novel writing mentor... · 06-07-11 2:12am
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, iKïyå§ama.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2249694