*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2312435
by lotte
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Gothic · #1641024
Sacrifice a story at the altar and unlock the secrets of terror!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 15, 2011 at 7:20pm
Edited: October 20, 2011 at 9:08am
Tap Tap
by Sherrys
She loves singing ... and ... and ... she likes writ.... sorry... she writes a lot. She ... she... She comes home late.... she wants to come home... she is a vir.... she is a thousand years old. Give me a sec... Okay thanks (she likes dictating everything including how I should seat before my PC). Some years back, something was dropped on my doorstep on one of the Sunday mornings as I fetched my daily. Normally, Lilac was the one who fetched it but for reasons known to her she would not walk out of that door on this particular day. Anyway, I wish I could tell who dropped the parcel because this is the last thing we ever wanted in any of our lives.

I recall the last time, we moved out ... we left the package in our previous house but as soon as we settled in, we heard something knock on our door, "tap, tap" and when we opened the door ... the parcel was at the door again. The idea is the fact that we wanted to get rid of the package but any time we did that we would hear "tap tap" on the window, or the ceiling, or the anything that has an opening. The parcel was a strange looking parcel since it had some paintings that resembled ancient Greek kind of arts. We could not understand what the drawings were all about but since I thought my younger sister was up to no good as usual, we chose to hang the piece of art on the wall. Later on, after realizing she did not call to ask if I received the parcel I decided to call her and ask her about it. If anything, she did not even think of sending me any gifts or her wonderful Halloween surprises for that day. Therefore, I asked all my pals about it and they told me that they had not done anything like that.

Otherwise, being a polite girl I decided to hang the painting on my wall. It was from 2006 when I tried selling the painting during a back yard sale that I noticed something strange. I sold the painting for $12 since I could not gage the price and that evening we got our first "tap tap" on the door and a parcel was before my door with the same painting. As usual, I went to the person I sold the painting to, to confront him on why he returned it if he was not interested in having it in the first place. The small fight escalated to a repossession of the painting and a full refund to the man.

Anyway, the second time was when I threw it in the Arctic since I needed to replace the painting with another one I saw at the mall. Then at around 1.00 in the morning, I had the same "tap tap" on the arctic door and when I opened the door the painting was right before me. Okay, that freaked me out, anyway, since it was just a painting I was infuriated so I banged it on the floor where it broke into several pieces. Then I threw it in the trash bin. You can guess what happened... 3.00 a.m. same "tap tap" on my door. I came to associate that the sound with the painting on a doorstep therefore, confirming its presence was my last straw that there was something FREAKING about the painting.

Otherwise, the painting was at the front door, and quite intact as if nothing happened to it. I wanted to pass out but something seemed to reconstruct itself from the painting and finally, a fine young looking woman stood at my doorstep in ancient garments. I barely understood anything she said, if anything; the encounter was followed by sessions of screaming then passing out, I later learned she spoke in Greek.

I called experts on Greek mythologies and even did research on the mysterious young woman. I remembered she kept saying, "Eris" which meant the goddess of strife and discord in Greek. Now that explained everything on why I could not come into any agreement with the man I sold the painting to. If anything, any time I wanted poodle to do something for me she would bark at me. I barely held a rational conversation with any of my family members especially any time Eris felt ignored considering that I am now her slave. She asks me to do the strangest of things and the last thing I did (after trying to burn her painting) ... she made me frame someone for manslaughter or else I would be the one facing a jail term for a second degree murder! I hope she does not know that I said these things.... I just do not want to hear "tap tap" in the middle of the night... IT 'S JUST TROUBLE!

Finally, this is what happened ... any time one does something she did not like she would make you see things that you have never seen in life. For instance, the manslaughter thing ... I knew that a very huge burglar was at my back door with a gun only to find out that the post man was trying to give me his address... hence shooting once at the neck, hitting the jugular vein.

899 words
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Tap Tap · 10-15-11 7:20pm
by Sherrys

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, lotte.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2312435