*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2505488
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Community · #1403831
For newbies seeking mentors and writers needing support via their peers; stop by today!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 18, 2013 at 2:49pm
Seeking a Mentor
by Noyoki
Hello Angels,

I've been a member of writing.com for about a month and a half. In that time I've learned a great deal about writing and the areas I can improve on. This site has jump-started my writing like I wouldn't have believed possible.

In the time I've been here, I've found a great love for the contests. I've had high notes, and low notes. Through it all, I've learned. Now I want to refine that learning and take it to the next level. My goal is to work with a mentor in those areas were I need help to improve my writing overall.

The areas that I really need to work on are as follows: sentence structure (too many run-ons), punctuation (commas in particular), word usage, and grammar.

If you want to be my mentor, I would like to have you review my work prior to submission to contests. So, there will be times when I need a quick turn around, though I will try to get my work done in plenty of time for review prior to sending it out. I've begun work on a long term contest: "Invalid Item. This is a novel writing contest, and it is one of the ones that I would like extensive feedback on. If the product turns out to be good enough at the end of the contest, I am thinking about submitting it for publication after it is fully refined.

My work consists of: fantasy, horror, and erotica. I often write about homosexual relationships as well as heterosexual. Much of my work is 18+ or higher. I write short stories, and am working on a novel length piece.

Here are a few examples of my work, including the outline of the novel I plan to write:

"Invalid Item
"Invalid Item
"Invalid Item

Thank you,
Noyoki

"I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."
-Stephen King

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Seeking a Mentor · 03-18-13 2:49pm
by Noyoki
Re: Seeking a Mentor · 03-26-13 9:26pm
by Claire Renee

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, iKïyå§ama.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2505488