*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2521786
Rated: E · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #903877
A place for people we've rewarded to leave comments, suggestions, thanx or complaints.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 7, 2013 at 9:16am
Wow what fun to hear from you.
Good Morning, Kittiara

What a lovely name, I have used a name very similar for one of my characters in my next book, I had though myself special for using a lesser known monicker. It is humbling to realize that I was not as unique as I thought.

What fun it was to open my mailbox this morning and find your note and generous gift. Though I do not write my reviews with any consideration for Gift Points. I write my reviews because I am excited about our craft, and the things I have learned (and continue to learn) on how to improve my skills. I love sharing those ideas, and skills with other writers who like me wanted to become authors. I know I put to much personal info in my first reviews, in my defense it is my attempt to give the writer some sense of who they are being reviewed by. it is not meant to be boastful.

It is so nice to know that others think my efforts are worthwhile. Most times the writers I review never reply. (however I understand that is a common thread in many forums like ours.)

Sometimes, I get replies that make me question why I bothered to write the review. (much Like this last one) the writer told me that she didn't understand my review, and did not think I read any of her chapters. I was disappointed in her response, I did read her story, the first five chapters, in fact, much more consideration then her work, in its current state, is ever going to receive from a publishing editor. She seems to have talent, its a shame she will never get published because she doesn't want to hear about novice structure issues that are going to get her manuscript rejected with page one.

Oh well, I guess if it were easy everyone would be doing it, "Right" and instead of competing with six million manuscripts a year we would be up against a hundred million. I wonder if having large chunks of the population receiving a steady flow of rejections form letters would have an effect on a country's mental health. Though the injection of new first class mail might tend to help the ailing US Postal service.

Okay, now you can see from my little thank you note. That the first line in my Bio should have disclaimers about being long winded, But I did say, I was excited about writing.

Thank you for your recognition, it encourages me to continue reviewing.

Joey
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Wow what fun to hear from you. · 05-07-13 9:16am
by Joey's Spring has Sprung

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Kit of House Lannister.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2521786