SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2538881
Rated: E · Message Forum · Inspirational · #1127078
A place to mingle and meet friends.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 27, 2013 at 7:34pm
Catching up

Hi there! Man it's been a looooong time since I've dropped by here. I got so busy with my writing projects that I haven't been by this website in ages. It's SO great to see this group still active. Last time I was on I think I had recently had my 5th child, lived in Oregon and life was good. I also was just getting started writing again.

Today I have 6 kids (the youngest will be 3 in September) and my oldest passed away a year ago this last April. We are in Ohio now and life, though very hard in many spots, is still good. I have 3 completed books and I'm working on writing 2 more, besides re-writing one of my books, doing minor edits on another (before querying it again - I've a little over 50 rejections on it so far - woot!), and on 2nd draft stage of the third.

Since the death of our daughter I am trying to get started writing again after taking the past year or so off. I've tried on separate occasions, but it's been too hard. It's time now. And so, that's the main reason I'm back. To get my feet wet and hope that I will dive in and get going - and keep going even on the hard icky days.

I write YA - light fantasy/ fairytale rewrites - I love my fairytales *Smile*, and children's middle grade - the book I'm rewriting is a middle-grade fiction that I am turning into a middle grade mystery.

Anyway, I wanted to say hi and that I'd love to hear about all of you! Most of you are newer I think than when I joined back in 2008 - but I might be wrong and just have swiss cheese mom brain *Smile*

J.H. Schmidt
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Catching up · 06-27-13 7:34pm
by J. H. Schmidt
Re: Catching up · 07-05-13 4:48pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Aerix~ The Storm Dragon.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2538881