*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2541140
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1931562
My blog. Sometimes abstruse musings and rants!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 3, 2013 at 7:39pm
The View
JULY 3 ENTRY: Look out your window and describe what you see. Alternatively, look at the desk in front of you and describe it. For the ambitious, try both.

Hey everyone! It was raining here this afternoon and this little narrative/description is of the view from my vantage point. I hope to be more active in the commenting part of this challenge after this week.

I sit by my rain-washed window, looking outside, yearning for inspiration. The trees are smiling, for their thirst is finally being quenched after the dry season past. The sprightly leaves dance to the beat of the rain. The rain can do little to dampen their playfulness; they are truly green, young.

The Sun continues to play peek-a-boo with humankind. For a fleeting second, it crawls out of its hiding place to bathe the ground in its benevolent light. Just when you think it’ll stay, the Sun is back behind the clouds, always leaving you wanting more. As I sit here sipping coffee out of my beloved mug, I want to write but I also want to go out. The water droplets that hang in the air scatter the sun’s rays to create my favorite part about the monsoon, rainbows. The spectrum, a simple scientific principle, has always fascinated me.

There is an apartment complex not too far from my window. A little kid, around five years old, just came to his balcony. I don’t know him or his family, but I do know that he and his brother are responsible for all the shouting I hear. He is jumping around, overjoyed. His hair is barely clinging onto his head, his wet clothes are trying their best to weigh him down, but he doesn’t seem to mind. Oops! His mother comes out and takes him back inside. I wonder sometimes why we don’t let children be children. He comes back, but this time, he just stands on the threshold, holding out his hand to play with the raindrops. It is refreshing to see such innocence.

I look back inside at my messy desk. Being my sort-of-work desk, it doesn’t have many distinguishing features, except perhaps the pen-stand. I have pens of all colors you can possibly need, all cluttered around the small stand which can barely accommodate five. The funny part is that only three of them work. The rest are usually out of ink, but I don’t throw them out, I don’t know why. Throw in a couple of pencils and you have about fifteen soldiers guarding the Fort Of Stationery. Besides that, there are two laptops (one of which I am currently working on), their charging cords, a printer and, a bundle of miscellaneous papers. Even I don’t know when I’ll need which one, so they all lie there, patiently waiting for their turn. The TV is on in the background, I can’t really work in a quiet room. The pitter-patter of the rain on the glass windows attracts me again, as I stare towards sky to see what I most wanted to.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
The View · 07-03-13 7:39pm
by Jack-check out 7YS
Re: The View · 07-03-13 7:55pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: The View · 07-04-13 3:15am
by Jack-check out 7YS

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Jack-check out 7YS.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2541140