*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2541451
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1931562
My blog. Sometimes abstruse musings and rants!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 4, 2013 at 7:12pm
Bill of Rights
JULY 4 ENTRY: You have been transported back in time to 1776 and the founding fathers are asking for your opinion on the Constitution and the Bill of Rights articles that they are proposing for structuring the new government. Which ones would you keep? Which would you remove or change? Why?

I am not a politician, just a citizen.
I don’t have a masters degree in Law, I am still studying for a graduate degree.
I may not understand all the terms used in the Bill of Rights, but I do have an opinion.
Isn’t that what a democracy is about?

To be honest, I had to look up these amendments. I was never interested in history, not even American history. Would I remove any of these? I won’t. Here’s my opinion on each of those individually:

i)First Amendment

ii)Second Amendment

iii)Third Amendment

iv)Fourth Amendment

v)Fifth Amendment

vi)Sixth Amendment

vii)Seventh Amendment

viii)Eighth Amendment

ix)Ninth Amendment

x)Tenth Amendment

I am not the best at writing Opinion pieces but for this one, I researched for about 3 hours. I found the laws enacted even back then are still relevant. The lawmakers did possess a remarkable foresight. However, with
the changing times comes a need for change. Here are some things I would have added:

Modifications

This entry ended up longer than I thought it would be. Sorry if it bored you but I had a fun time reading about it and writing. Thanks Emily for this prompt.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Bill of Rights · 07-04-13 7:12pm
by Jack-check out 7YS
Re: Bill of Rights · 07-04-13 10:47pm
by Elle - on hiatus
Re: Bill of Rights · 07-05-13 10:47am
by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Jack-check out 7YS.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2541451