*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2542371
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1931562
My blog. Sometimes abstruse musings and rants!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 7, 2013 at 6:40pm
Edited: July 7, 2013 at 7:08pm
Week 1(July)
JULY 7 PROMPT: Blog. Tell us about your week. Include your favorite blog entry from your fellow challengers from the preceding week and, most importantly, why.

Hey guys, how are you all doing?

First week is gone? I didn’t realize it at all. Waking up to check the prompt for the day has almost become a habit for me. It is the only writing I am doing these days. I know it is not ideal but life catches up sometimes!

So this week I discovered another feature of WDC, the scroll. What a place! Meeting people is so much easier there. I also finished the judging of the first round of my contest. Congrats Elle - on hiatus for your second place! Do stop by to read her excellent entries.

Outside WDC, the big news is that I am moving. That too by the end of this week. It was a sudden decision that I had been putting off for far too long. My first concern about the new place: Hope it has good internet connectivity! I don’t even know if I’ll be online as often as I am now. I was thinking about our reliance on the Internet the other day. What would happen if there were to be a blackout ala “Revolution” (a TV series)? Would we be able to survive without internet, TV, microwaves, phones and all other gizmos of electronic wizardry? I don’t think I would survive for too long, let alone be happy.

Moving is a pretty big deal for me. This new place is far from home. It would be like living on an island, surrounded by a sea of strangers. My hometown would be around 10+ hours away, and I don’t know many people in the new city. I always dread being lonely, even though I was for quite some time. I am still not used to it I guess, I don’t know if I ever will be…

It is tough to choose a favorite entry this week. So many competitors! I think I have read most, if not all of the blog posts. Nice to see that the new guys are coping! (I speak like a veteran! It’s just my second official round*Laugh*) I’d say it’s a tie for the best entry this week. Elle - on hiatus with "The perils of a too-small house... and Fivesixer with "This one's about six words and considering.. Elle’s was a short, sweet and funny entry. A memory to be cherished indeed. Fivesixer aka Norb’s was a masterclass in six-word funny stories, ‘nuff said!

See you next week folks!

“Sometimes life is too hard to be alone, and sometimes life is too good to be alone.”-Elizabeth Gilbert
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Week 1(July) · 07-07-13 6:40pm
by Jack-check out 7YS
Re: Week 1(July) · 07-08-13 10:49am
by Fivesixer

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Jack-check out 7YS.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2542371