*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2562577
Rated: E · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #507000
Have a tribute you'd like to share about Writing.Com or our birthday? Post here!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 3, 2013 at 3:28am
The best of 13th contest...my opinion

The Best of Party Central 2013

I am amazed at the magnificient variety of activities available this week as we celebrate the thirteenth year of Writing.com for the wonderful site it is. Since the midnight hour I have been perusing the various activities and have chose which ones to enter as my priority. They range from reviewing to poetry to entering dozens of contests. There is one activity that is head and shoulders above all the others because it affects more WDCers and their writing.

I challenge every WDCer to enter the THIRTEEN 500-WORD REVIEWS A DAY FOR THIRTEEN DAYS contest. It is demanding and requires considerable time. At the same time, it touches the lives of thirteen fellow writers who can benefit from the reviews. The requirement to write five hundred words in a quality review means the reviewer must say something worthwhile; not just a snap judgement or a repeat of the plot and characters, but real a real writing critique with a depth of thought and evaluation which can be greatly beneficial to the recipient of the five hundred or more words. What I've already found after reviewing thirteen today, is that I didn't stop at five hundred words but continued to add more information and suggestions.

Not only does this particular contest greatly benefit the recipient, the writer of the piece reviewed, but it provides an opportunity for reviewers to expand their knowledge, increase their friend's base at WDC, require good writing skills but the contest offers the opportunity to win thousands of gps that can be used at WDC. Because I pay my membership three months at a time with 500,000 gps earned by reviewing and contests and gifts, I am becoming rich with gps by participating in this contest. Not only will I have the opportunity to win something from the contest, but I earn thirteen times the daily WDC rewards for each of the thirteen daily reviews, I earn five hundred or more gps from Simply Positive Group and from the Talent Pond. Even more wonderful and a great surprise late the first day I received 10,000 gps for the StoryMistress sudden gift for someone actually writing a review when she decides to give the gift. I was finishing my thirteenth 500 word review then got that great prize.

While the many other activities and activities are wonderful and mainly benefit the writer, I applaud this contest above all others. It touches more lives in more ways than all the other put together. Don't pass this one by; it's for the real dedicated writers here who care most about the whole community, all the WDC writers who welcome, even hunger for a review. It's the best for the most.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only ** ** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only ** ** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only ** "for showing yourself,not being afraid to do it: You are inspirational". "Ann:honoring "OUT IN LOVE". You're helping to open the minds against gay's relationships,and supporting those struggling with their sexuality everyday.Keep up the amazing work!"Joy
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
The best of 13th contest...my opinion · 09-03-13 3:28am
by ANN Counselor, Lesbian & Happy

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2562577