*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2568230
Rated: E · Message Forum · Contest · #1947714
Fancy Dress Contest for WDC's Birthday. Join the fun from Sept 1 to Sept 14, 2016
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 13, 2013 at 2:51pm
Edited: September 13, 2013 at 2:52pm
You guys made this a lot fun to judge. I think I have been staring at the entries since morning to decide three winners. I so want to make all of you the winners. It is not easy to write in first person, especially in poetry, but the pieces shine. I am awed by the imagination and the creativity of the stories/poems entered. I feel so humbled by the message and fun conveyed in the simple words.

The winner selected here are not solely selected on the basis of the technicalities. Some of the pieces are the pieces with awesome imagery.

Without further ado, here I present the winners--

ROOM WINNERS

Fantasy Room- *RibbonR* "A Small World*RibbonR* by ~MM~

Spooky World- *RibbonR* "Invalid Item *RibbonR* by Robin

Colored World- *RibbonR* "Invalid Item *RibbonR* by Dave

Fictional world - One entry was disqualified because it was not in first person. *Frown* As a result, we don't have sufficient entries to declare winner of this room.

Enter the Zoo- The room only has two entries which are not sufficient to declare the winner of the room.

Living Inanimation- *RibbonR* "En Pointe *RibbonR* by 𝔹𝕝𝕦𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕫

Superheroes Room - The room only has two entries which are not sufficient to declare the winner of the room.

GRAND WINNER

*ConfettiR* *ConfettiG* *ConfettiO* First Place goes to "En Pointe by 𝔹𝕝𝕦𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕫 - Excellent form, excellent creativity. *ConfettiR* *ConfettiG* *ConfettiO*

*ConfettiR* *ConfettiG* *ConfettiO* Second Place goes to "Invalid Item by Robin - You took me back to my childhood with just few lines *ConfettiR* *ConfettiG* *ConfettiO*

*ConfettiR* *ConfettiG* *ConfettiO* Third Place goes to "Snowflake by Dave - Poignant innocence recreated in words *ConfettiR* *ConfettiG* *ConfettiO*

Honorable Mentions -

*RibbonB* "A Small World by ~MM~ - I still can feel the warmth after reading this entry.

*RibbonB* "The most delightful of colours. by Jellyfish-Vote Green on May 2! - Yellow was never so beautiful for me!

Thank you everyone for the entries. I hope you all enjoyed the writing/editing the pieces as much as I enjoyed reading them. I will send out the prize by tomorrow so that each award counts for your community recognization.

I hope to see you all in the next round of "Words with Wings

** Image ID #1947511 Unavailable **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
*ExclaimR*RESULTS · 09-13-13 2:51pm
by LostGhost: Seeking & Learning

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, LostGhost: Seeking & Learning.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2568230