*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2595602
Rated: E · Message Forum · History · #1439052
You've been transported to Europe, ca 1000 AD. Can you survive, or better yet, thrive?
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 12, 2013 at 11:09pm
What would you do in 1000 AD Europe?
by A Non-Existent User
I actually wrote a novel with this exact idea. it's called Ashes In The Rain.

It took me quite a while to study all the ways to survive, act like a local, dress, speak and so much more.

I choose Scotland 1068 A.D. just 2 years after the Norman conquest. life is changing in Scotland, some Scots chose to fight on the side of the Norman's, others chose to fight on the side of the Saxon's. the language barrier is unique, as far as I know Scots Gaelic is almost the same now as it was back then.

I just loved to think about all the ways things would be similar and different then and now. first the Calendar, the language, the customs, the speech patterns, the fashions, etc. but the most important was whether the Scots would choose to fight with the Normans or the Saxon's or even fight at all. I mean the Norman Conquest was of Britain not Scotland. but I digress, first find shelter, food, clothing. the clothing I would wear when I arrived might be similar to the clothing worn at that time period, I adore medieval fashions so ignoring/hiding the leggings, I would have to find out if I am dressed correctly, find out what Scots Gaelic Dialect the locals speak, then once I have shelter, food and clothing I would start to figure out how I got there and what I have to do to get back home.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
What would you do in 1000 AD Europe? · 11-12-13 11:09pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Victoria Earle.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2595602