SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2657090
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Experience · #1426495
What are you reading?
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 4, 2014 at 9:33pm
Belinda by Anne Rice as Anne Rampling
This book was a gift from a my brand new co-worker. It was lying on the filing cabinet and covered with dust. "Interview With the Vampire" was my most memorable and best brush with this author. Her Claudia as portrayed by Kirsten Dunst in the 94 film adapt is beloved by even my own kids.
My first impression by the end of chapter 1 was that it smacked of "Californication"...or, maybe the 2007 series smacked of it? Sex and the punch...I am still waiting for the punch! For a regular erotic fantasy, though, it's pretty good. It paces like a diary by one Anais Nin. My best friend recommends it for the same reason she would encourage a brief and stormy affair with a much younger man...for the fun of it and because you can!
A work by an author who assumes the voice of the other sex is an interesting read, also. I'm always left wondering if it is what the author wishes that other sex to think like or if it's really spun on firm belief. I have yet to try it - books like this encourage me, as a writer to give it a whirl. My experience in the head of men is few and far between - if I am to put faith in the thinking of what some have been overly willing to share, I will spend my book complaining about sub-par sex and and cursing the day I put feet on the ground and was forced to work instead of sap the life from some poor, innocent, and wretched man. Fun!
But, seriously, if you do like a standard male fantasy about the pursuit of the blond, 1968 Candy-esque sex romp, I do recommend it. Anne Rampling/Rice always does it good. Firm and mildly tantalizing, just the way we like it.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Belinda by Anne Rice as Anne Rampling · 04-04-14 9:33pm
by barneswallow

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, § Forsaken §.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2657090