*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2737208
Rated: E · Message Forum · Contest · #1906302
Write and review once a week for the three coldest months of the year.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 21, 2014 at 7:35pm
Edited: October 15, 2014 at 1:29pm
Questions and Answers
by Annette
Hello interested writers,

Here are answers to some questions that you may have:

Q: Why there is a content rating threshold? I only ask because a lot of the weekly contests I participate in accept GC and XGC content.

A: In spring (March, April, May), there will be a dedicated Erotica/Romance round where writing that doesn't revolve around those genres won't be accepted. To balance it out and to make the contest more accessible to those who don't want to be exposed to erotica, the GC or XGC ratings, I am offering this ratings limited round.

There have been many rounds where it didn't matter what contestants write, such as the current fall round. Those "unlimited" rounds have made it impossible for some people (teens) to participate. The winter round is so that younger writers and those who choose lower rating materials for themselves to have a shot at this.

Q: Why the 10,000 sign up fee?

A: This contest is very expensive to run. If you complete this contest, you will receive weekly review rewards and two merit badges at the end. The sign up fee is to raise the stakes for you.

Q: This all looks confusing. What am I supposed to do?

A: In a nutshell:

Find a contest on this site that you want to write for.
Write your entry for that contest.
Submit your writing here.
Review the person who posted here before you. (First entrant reviews this contest page.)
Edit your submission post here with the link to your review.

Q: What do I review if I am the first entrant this round?

A: You review this forum page and let me know how you like it. If you already reviewed it, you lucked out and are excused from the review requirement for this first week only.

Q: What happens if I don't submit in the first week?

A: You are disqualified from the contest.

Q: Why am I disqualified if I send in writing but not a review? Won't that simply count as a missed week?

A: A missed week is one in which you neither submit any writing or any review. Since you become eligible for a review as soon as your writing posts here, you must do the same for the person who posted here before you. If you post writing but don't review, you are essentially cheating somebody else out of a review. That is why - at the end of the week - those who did not review will have to leave the contest.

Q: I like to participate in reviewing contests. Are those reviews valid?

A: No. A review can't be reviewed, so it won't work for this contest.

Q: Which rules did you change from previous rounds?

A: Glad you asked.

I reinstated that the first week of writing is mandatory.

I eliminated the possibility to enter contests that accept text to be posted as a forum message. They are too difficult to review. Only items that live in your portfolio are valid.

*Fire* Octobersun *Fire*
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Questions and Answers · 09-21-14 7:35pm
by Annette
Message Suspended. · 10-15-14 10:25am
by N/A
Re: Questions and Answers · 10-29-14 9:27am
by ENB
Re: Re: Questions and Answers · 11-13-14 7:21pm
by MontyB

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Annette.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2737208