Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2017114
A forum for the members of the Realm of Fantasy group to chat
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 14, 2014 at 9:10am
Edited: December 14, 2014 at 2:30pm
You've got a lot of ambition!
by A Non-Existent User
*Dollar* 30,000 GPs were sent to Khariyya Jia Li ~ Studying 247 with this post.
Hi, Khariyya

I am amazed that you have so much going on in since you have only recently joined WDC. It takes most a bit of time to learn to build a group with a supporting forum. But then, you have also added contests and competitions which compose another field of creativity.

I will add a little warning ~ but you seem to be very savvy and likely know all about what I going to say~ and that is, pace yourself and don't get discouraged if a member or so gets upset or leaves. All of us writers have quirks and not everyone is meant for every group, so don't do as I am tempted to do and take others' likes and dislikes personally. You can't live their group experiences for them.

Pace yourself? Here I mean, don't let the things you want to do with your group keep you from doing the writing and things you want to do for yourself. I see that you have given members group leader responsibilities. Once again, you show great wisdom. A "one person show" group is bound for stress, guilt over missed obligations, and the feeling of carrying a heavy load. A load carried by one becomes very heavy, but a burden shared, becomes light. A joint project will build friendship and fond memories.

I sound like the very uptight know it all; but I am speaking from the heart from things that I have learned as I built and ran my own groups. I finally brought my last group to an end, not because I did not enjoy the experience; but because I decided to dedicate my writing time to getting my first novel written.

If you ever run into a gift point crisis, let me know and I will either help immediately, or I will order extra gift points (which may take a little time since I buy gift points by a check sent in the mail).

I am including a donation for your group because you have a great thing going.

I love Sci-fi over all other genres! I used to sneak Sci-fi and fantasy novels from Dad's big box of paperbacks when I was a kid. Of course, he was mainly into Western paperbacks; but he would get 'hand me downs' from his Step Dad, his Mother, and his sister and brother in law, who were all voracious readers!

Best wishes! And Merry Christmas! *Smile*

Yours,
-William
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
You've got a lot of ambition! · 12-14-14 9:10am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: You've got a lot of ambition! · 12-14-14 1:04pm
by Khariyya Jia Li ~ Studying 247
Re: Re: You've got a lot of ambition! · 12-14-14 2:27pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Khariyya Jia Li ~ Studying 247.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2770718