*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2814027
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1782293
Prompt-free contest for stories of the lengthier variety. New round May 2023!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 15, 2015 at 8:25pm
WINNERS!
This is probably one of the most active rounds for this contest that I've seen in quite a long time! Unfortunately, this does mean that there were some stories that were disqualified (although very few message suspensions occurred since I've spent at least half the judging period in interviews for a new job). I spotted one entry edited after the closing of the round and two book items for entries. I would like to remind all contestants that rule #3 specifically calls for static items. If you're wondering why, I discussed this three years ago in "Re: Re: Re: Re: Round Three"  .

Anyway, I do have winners here. Like the last round, it took me a while to determine the stories and the order. I appreciate your efforts to make this decision more and more difficult with each round. Had I not had to disqualify three entries, I might have needed an extra day to choose. On that note, here we go.

First Place
STATIC
Halo Effect   (13+)
Reviews welcomed. Darkness descends, but light prevails in a peculiar way. Nominee
#1950165 by Nixie Martell cheerleader

Second Place
Zero Stars, Infinite Black  (18+)
Belief is where you look
#2035148 by edgework

Third Place
STATIC
Conservation of Light  (13+)
A mystery painting and a jar of fireflies.
#1994721 by Satuawany

Honorable Mention
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2035851 by Not Available.

Congratulations to the winners, and thank you to all the participants! The next round (starting in September) may be extended like last year, as there's a chance my husband and I will be making a semi-spontaneous trip to Georgia. We're still hammering out those details. With that in mind, I hope to see you here!

My name in Stiks!

*Gift3**Gift4* Merit Badge in Wake Up
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations! Honorable Mention in Personal Essay Contest, 2023. *Gift4**Gift3*

For all your quirky needs, stop by the "Gift Stop [ASR]
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
WINNERS! · 04-15-15 8:25pm
by Elisa the Bunny Stik
Re: WINNERS! · 04-17-15 8:55am
by Rakkit
Re: Re: WINNERS! · 04-17-15 12:56pm
by J. Thayne

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Elisa the Bunny Stik.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2814027