*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2827904
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Entertainment · #430646
Actors, actresses, movies, TV -- It's the 'Golden Globe' of Writing.Com! Quill Nominee
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 28, 2015 at 10:33am
Tomorrowland
by Sum1
I recently saw the movie "Tomorrowland". While some seem to hate it, I found it a bit appealing, and really liked it. Here's my write up on it, which can be found in my 'new' blog'.
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

Title: Tomorrowland

Lead Actors: George Clooney, Hugh Laurie, Britt Robertson, Raffey Cassidy

Genre: Science Fiction

My Rating: *Star* *Star* *Star* *Star* *Halfstar*

Brief Synopsis: A teen aged girl (Britt Robertson), and a former boy genius inventor (George Clooney) embark on a 'mission' to discover the secrets of a place that exists somewhere in time. Each has memories of it, George Clooney more of course, since he's been there. But how do they get to this place, and why are there human looking robots chasing them?

My Thoughts on it: The first part of the movie starts slow, and for the first twenty minutes or so, they almost lost my interest. Then the story picked up; Casey Newton (Britt Robertson) meets Athena (Raffey Cassidy), and the action as well as the plot really gets going. Forty minutes into the movie, I was hooked, deeply involved in the story, waiting for the next twist in the plot. One twist towards the end was predictable, but that didn't stop me from thoroughly enjoying the movie.

There was a reference early in the movie to feeding two wolves. It's an old Cherokee saying, and it is something like this. There are two wolves who are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. The question is... which wolf wins? The one you feed.

Recommendation: *Thumbsup* *Thumbsup*

Review Sig for use

Jim Dorrell
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Tomorrowland · 05-28-15 10:33am
by Sum1
Re: Tomorrowland · 05-28-15 11:50am
by Maryann

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2827904