<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 26, 2016 at 7:38pm
Entry Submissions
by Aesop
Below, please find five submissions by storysorcery

Fable #1:

“The Three Pachyderms"

An elephant was exhausted and searched the forest for water. It came upon a pool of mud, but in it were also a hippopotamus and a rhinoceros. “I am extremely dehydrated. Could I share the mud with the two of you?” “No.” The hippopotamus responded, cruelly. “You are not like the two of us. You do not reside in marshes and you permit humans to ride you.” The elephant scoffed and said, “I am bigger than the two of you. I could injure you with my sharp tusks and crush you with my large size.” The hippopotamus and the rhinoceros scoffed. “Ha!” The hippopotamus roared. “With my strong mouth, I could crunch you to death.” The rhinoceros added, “And, with my mighty horn, I could impale your belly.” “I challenge you!” The elephant exclaimed. A fox appeared. “You disturbed my sleep. Can I help you three creatures?” The elephant replied, “We need to see who is the strongest among the three of us.”

The fox set up a test for the three beasts. The rhinoceros was first and noticed an alligator; it seized the alligator impaling it with its mighty horn. The rhinoceros passed. Next was the hippopotamus, it saw a crocodile and attempted to bite it in half. The hippopotamus passed. Lastly, was the elephant, it searched for an animal to devour, but a dragon was roaring in the sky and came to the elephant, as it is known that dragons and elephants are archenemies. The hippopotamus and the rhinoceros stampeded from fright, but the elephant stayed to battle. The elephant killed the dragon, but as it did, both beasts fell trampling each other with their gigantic sizes, the elephant to push against a tree. A princess, who was running from the dragon, noticed and wept. She put a hand on the elephant and said, “Thank you for saving my life elephant, you are a noble creature, fierce at will, but gentle at heart.”

Fable #2:

“The Tiger and the Owl"

One night, an owl perched itself on a tree branch, starring into the darkness of the night. It spotted a tiger, confusing it for a cat. The owl went after the tiger, and the tiger roared, “Foolish bird, what do you think you are up to?” The owl replied, “You resemble a cat, and I thought of you as such.” The tiger sneered, “You are supposed to be a wise bird, the nerve of you confusing me for a small domesticated feline.” The owl cleverly responded, “We are, and I too, thought tigers were wise.” The tiger then said grinning, “Oh, we are, after all, we know which birds we should avoid, and which birds, should be our dinner”, the tiger then start going after the owl, which was trying to fly away.
Fable 3:

“The Ogre and the Troll"

One day, a dwarf and a giant encountered each other. They started talking. “Do you want to see where I live?” The giant asked the dwarf. He then showed him a beanstalk, “Above that beanstalk is a castle, where I reside.” The dwarf then responded, “It sounds more pleasing than where I live, a coal mine.” The giant then laughed and stomped the coal mine in with his feet. “Just for that, I get to live in your castle” the dwarf smirked. “No you do not” the giant said chasing him up the beanstalk. Just before they knew it, an evil sorcerer awoke – “What monstrous beasts you are, now you shall be punished” the sorcerer turned the dwarf into a troll and the giant into an ogre, “Now your gruesome appearances shall not be deceitful to others”, the sorcerer laughed wickedly.

Fable #4:

The Crab and the Lobster -
A crab and a lobster scuttled across the sand. The lobster told the crab, “My friend, it would be nice if I could get out of the waters and live on land.” The crab agreed. A fairy appeared and said, “I will grant you both a wish to live on land and leave your amphibious aspects behind, but do not take these wishes for granted.” They both concurred. Later during the day, the crab saw squirrels and decided to chase them up a tree. This made the fairy furious. The lobster also misbehaved when he saw rabbits make their burrows in the grass. The fury of the fairy grew. The crab met the lobster and said, “This heat. I cannot take it anymore, what a waste of a wish.” The fairy then scolded them and said, “I gave you a wish and you did not use them wisely, you will not behold your punishments. Crab, you will stay on the land, but travel while producing webs and catching your prey. Lobster, you will also stay on the land, but travel underground beneath the hot sun.” The fairy turned the crab into a spider, and the lobster into a scorpion.

Fable #5:
The Hippopotamus and the Rhinoceros -
A rhinoceros ran through the woods until it grew weary. It stopped and spotted a horse galloping around in a freewheeling manner. The rhinoceros was jealous and went back home. When it came home, it told the hippopotamus, “The horse has it much better than we do.” The hippopotamus responded, “not necessarily my dear friend. The horse might be thinner than we are, and faster, but when the horse arrives back to its stable, it realizes it is tied to a stable, whereas we have all this open space to go wherever we please.” “With my strong mouth and your mighty horn, we scare away prey. The horse is tamed and respected, and we are wild but ridiculed, but after we seize our prey, we give them something that they will never forget.”
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Entry Submissions · 04-26-16 7:38pm
by Aesop

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Aesop.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2960352