*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2994279
Rated: E · Message Forum · Community · #1823651
Please leave message for Maryann who lost her dad onThursday Nov 3.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 17, 2016 at 10:53pm
Years later, I fully well know how it feels.....
by A Non-Existent User
Dear Maryann,

I wanted to tell you that now that I have a moment and am going through your Port, that I saw this and I thought it best to leave words of comfort to you at this time. I realize that your Dad must have been uber-special to you and your family. So was mine, and allow me just to say that I lost my parents many years ago (in the 70s when I was young) to cancer. Months apart.

I can say that Time has a way of smoothing over the hurts somewhat, but there will be those times that stand out that no matter what, you'll be filled with that sense of loss when you think on his memory. Days like Father's Day and our Dad's birthday, Christmas and such.

Just know that the ONE THING that kept me going during my darkest moments, even when all of their friends stopped coming to see if I were okay (that only took weeks to happen), it stood out in my mind that Dad would be telling me to "Carry on, James!!!" - and I did!

Just wanted to stop by and let you know, as someone here on WDC, that people care....so very much. Enough to reach out and remind others that the pain will and DOES get better, in its own ways...

God bless you!

Dr J

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Years later, I fully well know how it feels..... · 07-17-16 10:53pm
by A Non-Existent User

<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann - House Martell.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2994279