*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3010778
Important!
*Trash* This item is in your Recycling Bin

Purging this item will permanently remove it from Writing.Com.

Change your mind?  Undelete this item.
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Community · #2093590
Bullied survivors, let's unite to stand strong with young victims of today's bullying!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 27, 2016 at 4:59am
Bullied for things I wasn't.
by River
When I was in school I was bullied for things that I wasn't. My friends jumped on the band wagon and did drugs, weed, drinking at 16, sex at 14, cutting, goth and so many other things. Because they did it, meant that I too, did the same thing. Good thing I didn't. People bullied me about it....another good thing, I didn't take s*** from people. I hated people that bullied others. In turn I, myself, became mean and hateful. It wasn't until my best friend brought it to my attention that I too, was just becoming a bully.

I thought about this......she was right. The thing I hated the most....became me. Knowing all too well that this wouldn't get me anywhere, I realized that I now understood something.......just now bad I felt for bully's. Every time they picked on me I would ask, "Are you okay?" Most wouldn't know what to do and just walk away. Some would get mad or say that I was dumb or crazy. Crazy? Yes. Dumb? Not so much.

All the time that I got bullied turned me into them. I understood the hate, anger and fear. Maybe not fear. But in my mind, I was afraid to become the bully. So I acted as one. Hopefully this is understand able.

Anyway, in the end. I helped many people with others bulling them. With all the bad that happened, I made more good. And then I was asked about the dark time I spent bring the bully, I would simply say, "I let my fear, anger and hate take over. I'm not that person now, but I know more then most what it's like."

And I know that in every bully, there's someone that just needs help.

How can you help? It's hard to tell, but if you think you can then do it. And DON'T let anyone say no.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Bullied for things I wasn't. · 08-27-16 4:59am
by River

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Word Warrior beating cancer!!.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3010778