*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/304814
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Health · #371316
This forum is for all women who want to discuss Menopause.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 10, 2002 at 12:10pm
The
I thought at age 45 what was Menopause was actually also signs of cancer. My yearly Pap test came back "inflamed cells". So, after more tests it showed I had cervical cancer. Now at the age of 49 and cancer free for four years I am truly going through Menopause!! My body makes to much estrogen and my doctor wrote me prescription for a medicine called Provera. I purchased a great book titled "What your doctor may not tell you about Menopause" by Dr.John R. Lee,M.D. and in that book I read two and a half pages of side affects by taking Provera. So, this book has given me the information to do the natural way of handling Menopause. As many of the baby boomers are finding out...our mothers have had hysterectomies in their early 30's and now we have no family history that we can obtain from our mothers. I have been hearing this from many women. And it's amazing how many women do not want to talk about Menopause until you bring up the subject. It's a natural "thing" that we as women go through. A few months ago, I had gotten a really short haircut. Each time a woman would give me a compliment on my "cute" haircut I would say, "Thank-you! This is my Menopause haircut!" They would laugh really hard, and then the discussion would begin on Menopause. I am determined to go through this "thing" called Menopause naturally and don't even say the word Hysterectomy.
Logo/Sig designed by the StoryMistress for me
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
The · 03-10-02 12:10pm
by catwoman
Re: The · 09-26-02 10:28am
by Ramblin Rose

<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, catwoman.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/304814