Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3084339
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #2012128
Closed for judging
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 12, 2017 at 5:02pm
Day 10
by Tileira
Okay! We have made it to Day 10 and I am thrilled to say we still have 6 contestants, which means not only can I give out prizes this round, but I can give out second place too! *Happycry*

The deadline for today's prompt is 5pm WDC time tomorrow. If you're missing any entries, you have another 24 hours after that (end of Day 11) to submit those. (looking at you Tiggy-Cheers for House Martell and JudasFm )

And then I have a lot of reading to catch up on... ^^;

Prompt Ten
Stories of the supernatural are scattered throughout history, throughout all the cultures of Earth. Tales of vengeance from beyond the grave, of fel creatures in the night, of mad killers caught in ancient curses.

Write a scene in which a ghost story or urban myth is related.

Take care! Your ghost story should be a ghost story within the scene, not a haunting of your character (unless you do both). It should not be ‘how vampires/werewolves really work in my canon’.
What I’m looking for is the kind of story teenagers tell on Halloween.

Things to consider…
*Noteb* Many folk tales have a piece of morality at their core: ‘this is what happens to x when they y’. Or else they are rooted (or supposedly rooted) in a horrible event which actually happened.
*Noteb* What traditions surround ghost stories in your world and this one in particular? Is this story being told on Halloween with flashlights on the kitchen floor? Hissed at errant children by adults? Explained dramatically by a tour guide?
*Noteb* What’s the hanging hook on the ghost story? A prediction on the appearance of the creature? A way to summon it deliberately or inadvertently?
*Noteb* How does your character feel about the story? Does he believe it? Does he dare disbelieve it? What memories might he have memories of when he first heard it?
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Day 10 · 04-12-17 5:02pm
by Tileira
Re: Day 10 · 04-13-17 12:40pm
by Tiggy-Cheers for House Martell

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Tileira.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3084339