*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3133927
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Entertainment · #430646
Actors, actresses, movies, TV -- It's the 'Golden Globe' of Writing.Com! Quill Nominee
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 23, 2017 at 6:00pm
Sleep Tight

I watched Sleep Tight   yesterday while working here at Wdc on my Masquerade wrap-up and I have to say, not as much work got done as it should. Whoa! This is a Spanish film and my Spanish is very rusty so I watched with subtitles but man! what a thriller!!

Amazon (where I watched it - Free to PRIME customers) sums it up this way:

A troubled doorman with a fetish for secretly tormenting his residents targets the building's cheeriest tenant and becomes determined to ruin her life by any means necessary.

That is a pretty apt description but it goes deeper. The actor, Luis Tosar, is extremely effective as Cesar, the troubled desk clerk at the upscale apartment complex. He's well-liked by all his tenants, even the ones he torments. There is blood in this movie but only in one scene. The remainder of the film torments the viewer by allowing them to voyeuristically watch him torment the woman that receives most of his attention. We're used to this type of film focusing on a man who's sexually attracted to his victim or that he secretly wants them dead. This film takes a completely different approach in that, he simply wants to see them 'unhappy' or miserable, like him.

It's completely wicked. It's off-putting. It's literally uncomfortable to watch at some moments.

That said - it's completely fantastic! What a sick, perverse twist at the end - excellent thriller!

A new signature from Kiya's shop. Thank you Kiya!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Sleep Tight · 09-23-17 6:00pm
by Brooklyn

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3133927