*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3133983
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(672)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 24, 2017 at 2:58am
Greetings and Salutations
Hi :)

I'm GC and I'm new. The sun is just rising above the mist and I must admit that I'm not at my most articulate as I've still not had my cup of tea. If that isn't a quite a big clue about where I hail from then I don't know what is. I'm in England, right in the middle, in a wonderful, eccentric and eclectic region known as the midlands (where middle earth was based) yep, you guessed it I'm a hobbit... or at least short enough to be one. So please excuse any mistakes in this writing, I just wanted to say hi :)

I'm a mother and wife, I work full time (not at writing, unfortunately) and I have a very insistent cat whom does not like the tippy-tapping of my keyboard and who thinks i'm wasting my time writing and should be petting him instead! My preferred Genre in both reading and writing is Fantasy and Sci-fi (however after reading one of the recent newsletters I'm going to be looking into more science fantasy!

I'm currently working on finishing a story that I've been playing around with for about 20 years now. I've found that it is burning a hole in my soul and if I don't start putting pen to paper, its actually going to burn me up all together. So here I am, about 80,000 words down, not sure at this point whether its a stand alone, pair or trilogy as I'm nowhere near the end, but I'm enjoying every second of it. I'm not sure my husband is however, as I'm probably spending more time with my characters than him but I don't cuddle them at night (I do, but don't tell him that)

I apologise if this has just been a major babble session. If you would like to read some of my stuff that I write when I'm more articulate, I have a section of backstory from one of my main characters, available to read on my profile, "An unusual agreement" I would love to know what you think.

I'm still trying to navigate my way around the site so If you do message me and I don't get straight back to you, I will get thee eventually.

Hopefully talk to you all soon, I really need that cuppa!!! :)

GC xxx
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Greetings and Salutations · 09-24-17 2:58am
by G.C.Gray
Re: Greetings and Salutations · 09-25-17 12:37am
by THANKFUL SONALI Now What?
Re: Re: Greetings and Salutations · 09-25-17 5:50pm
by G.C.Gray

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3133983