*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3144604
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(683)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 17, 2017 at 6:09pm
Re: THIS POOR DEAD HORSE
Not everyone is qualified, or feels as though they are qualified, to provide an in-depth analysis of a piece of writing. Instead, what they offer is a reaction to the writing. There's no such thing as bad feedback. If nothing else, you learn to measure your own level of confidence against the slings and arrows of public disdain.

Here's a review I received once for one of my poems (admittedly not one of my most coherent pieces, though possibly deserving of more than the rating given):

Your poem is very confusing and seems to need quite a bit of work I think. I got lost at the very begining. Your rhyme scheme is put off by not giving each their on line. You should go through and figure out where you want everything to be, It might make it better. I had to read it several to even understand what you were trying to convey.

Have a good day.

RATED: 1.0
Anonymous, no less.

I could have satisfied myself with all manner of judgements on the reviewer's qualifications, but the truth is, I learned something useful—that my poem provoked a reaction. Far better than being ignored.

Take the offerings as they come to you.
MESSAGE THREAD
THIS POOR DEAD HORSE · 11-17-17 9:22am
by Crow
*Star* Re: THIS POOR DEAD HORSE · 11-17-17 6:09pm
by edgework
Re: THIS POOR DEAD HORSE · 11-17-17 6:48pm
by A E Willcox
Re: Re: THIS POOR DEAD HORSE · 11-19-17 4:15am
by Veritas
Re: Re: THIS POOR DEAD HORSE · 11-19-17 10:56am
by Elisa the Bunny Stik
Re: THIS POOR DEAD HORSE · 11-25-17 8:52pm
by Jayne
Re: Re: THIS POOR DEAD HORSE · 11-25-17 11:41pm
by Osirantinous
Re: Re: THIS POOR DEAD HORSE · 11-26-17 5:28am
by Zen

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3144604