*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3196254
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(683)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 3, 2018 at 8:49am
Re: Writing a Journal Story
I have read fiction books that were written like that when I was younger. It is a bit similar to regular story that is from a first person point of view.

The only one I can recall the title of was Go Ask Alice.

If you want to compare with a real non fiction journal, try Diary of Ann Frank.

Both have a strong begining as the girls started it with a purpose if I recall right. The other ones I read that I can't remember where the usual middle school level ones of "this is the diary of my senior year". While it might seem stereotypical to make the journal be set to the plot or theme, it works.

So if your journal novel was....lets say "How Sarah reached the stars" the first entry might be start with "Packing for Florida, they threatened to kick me out if I use the net so paper it is." I know, cheesy and juvenile but it is only a example on how to set up why the character is using a journal.

And I know it is weird but if you dig around the net, amazon, you will find other books, fiction and non, written as journals.

Each entry would lead to the next yet there can be gaps. Not everyone writes every day. Not even characters. Unless you want yours to.

I know it doesn't quite answer your question but at the moment it is all I have.
MESSAGE THREAD
Writing a Journal Story · 07-02-18 10:53pm
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Writing a Journal Story · 07-03-18 8:49am
by Amyaurora
Re: Re: Writing a Journal Story · 07-03-18 2:29pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Writing a Journal Story · 07-19-18 4:28pm
by runoffscribe

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3196254