*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3196266
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Activity · #1188310
Plug a work, mentor another, learn and grow, share and encourage. Stop by today!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 3, 2018 at 9:47am
Edited: July 3, 2018 at 9:50am
Current reads
by ~Minja~
I got my hands on War on Drugs   a while ago. It is a collection of three books based on true crime stories of Columbian drug lords. I'm done with the first book- Pablo Escobar- and am few pages into second one- The Cali Cartel.

Shaun Attwood, the writer, was involved with the crime and gangs himself so he finished in a jail where he did a study on Columbian drug lords and as a result wrote this collection.

If you're into true events, crime, government's secrets or simply interested to learn about Pablo Escobar- a man with a strong devotion to his family, a man who donated millions and millions of dollars to the poor citizens of Columbia, built schools, houses, lived in a $100 million house with his own zoo yet a psychotic killer and a hater of everything American, then you'll definitely enjoy these books. It is said they were earning $500,000 per day and had so much money they didn't know what to do with it so they buried it into the ground on various locations around Medellin just so the mouses and other vermins can eat it. Also, one time his little daughter was getting ill and, to keep her warm, he set on fire 1 million dollars that he kept in the safe.

Books are doing great justice to a TV show called Narcos   so I'd recommend to watch it as well if you already didn't or if you're interested to learn about notorious drug lords. It's pretty impressive. Although with a content warning of course.

~Minja

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

*Flowery* Spruce your portfolio with images from "Invalid Item *Flowery*

Helpful links for newbies
*Quill* "Writing.Com 101 *Quill*
*Quill* "Writing.Com Helpful Hints *Quill*
*Quill* "Get Started With Your Account *Quill*
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Current reads · 07-03-18 9:47am
by ~Minja~
Re: Current reads · 07-03-18 10:24am
by iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen
Re: Re: Current reads · 07-03-18 2:12pm
by ~Minja~

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3196266