*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3198598
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Other · #710633
Members help other members with non-technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Jul 13, 2018 at 7:12pm
It would be fantastic if I could find a link for "Contact Us
Unfortunately these days, site owners hate feedback. I will post here what I would have loved to post in private to the appropriate people. I am not upset or disillusioned in any way, this is not an angry post, it is, however, critical of the site. While popular and a great place for writers to get feedback and copywrite material simultaneously, It's impossibly difficult to navigate, find links to post to contests, etc. It's been 20 years since I have been on a site that is this difficult to navigate.

Not only that, but contests seem to be controlled by how many points you are willing to spend, lots of things here depend on points. That makes possible the idea of "Cliques" and other things that are not conducive to fair and impartial contests and trophies.

I have only entered a few contests with no thought to winning. I am just one out of hundreds of people here and don't expect that I am more talented than others, however, I am an accredited journalist and see that this place is very Business/Clique oriented.

That said, it's a great place to get opinions on what you write and get some help. (When you can figure out where to click, if you can figure where to click.)

This report was meant for the site owners and not for public consumption other than the fact I couldn't find a "Contact Us" link" that proves my point (s).
I mean no disrespect to anyone and I use this site regularly. I am certainly not the first person to say navigation here is useless or difficult and I am not a programmer so I cannot help with fixing it either, but at some point, someone has to make it an issue.

I fully expect to be censored or other for this post. It is really OK, but something needs to be done.

I think the site is so fully committed it's style and type now that changing it might throw a lot of people off, however, change is good and updating and making sites better is a goal we should all share.

Like I said before, I would never have made this post public if I could have found a link for a private conversation. (Just one of the problems.)

Professional Writer, Proof Reader, Editor and Political Analyst. www.LukeGoff.com
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
It would be fantastic if I could find a link for "Contact Us · 07-13-18 7:12pm
by lukegoff
Re: It would be fantastic if I could find a link for "Con... · 07-13-18 7:14pm
by lukegoff
Re: It would be fantastic if I could find a link for "Con... · 07-13-18 7:17pm
by Amyaurora
Re: Re: It would be fantastic if I could find a link for ... · 07-13-18 9:30pm
by lukegoff
Re: Re: It would be fantastic if I could find a link for ... · 07-13-18 9:34pm
by lukegoff
Re: Re: Re: It would be fantastic if I could find a link ... · 07-13-18 10:08pm
by lukegoff
Re: Re: It would be fantastic if I could find a link for ... · 07-13-18 10:11pm
by lukegoff
Re: Re: It would be fantastic if I could find a link for ... · 07-13-18 10:19pm
by lukegoff
Re: Re: It would be fantastic if I could find a link for ... · 07-13-18 10:23pm
by lukegoff
Re: It would be fantastic if I could find a link for "Con... · 07-14-18 12:33am
by The StoryMaster
This thread is locked and new replies may not be submitted.
The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3198598