*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3212188
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(683)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 9, 2018 at 10:44pm
I wonder if I really AM going to do this again...
by Dutch J
Many years ago I had a number of story beginnings I was working on, the most developed being "the Dragon of Winford Crossing", a story about a young guy who met a large winged being living off the grid in modern times. I started it as nothing more than a sort of fan fiction thing while at an RPG game forum around 2001 (that community is long since gone)

Robert the Dragon it turns out, was an alien being left on earth when a Federation of Species craft was forced by battle damage to seek a final resting place roughly in the center of the area we know as the Bermuda Triangle, many thousands of years ago. The other survivors were to be representative of the many mythological species we know from popular fantasy - but with a twist...

After centuries (for some of the shorter lived survivors, generations) of semi-contact with the human species they had all become a hidden society of stranded alien beings who - as in Robert's case - had not only adapted well to their lives of 'invisible existence' but became quite comfortable and downright urbane

~Until Robert (AKA: Robert D'Aragon) one day broke his last pair of reading spectacles...

I wonder. It would be best I think to start off new. But from that I imagine you can get an idea of where my thoughts travel
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
I wonder if I really AM going to do this again... · 09-09-18 10:44pm
by Dutch J
Re: I wonder if I really AM going to do this again... · 09-09-18 11:29pm
by Emily

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3212188