*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3216646
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(108)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1949474
Motivate yourself to conquer your goals this week! Post on Monday; update us on Friday!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 28, 2018 at 8:05am
Edited: September 28, 2018 at 8:15am
*Boxcheckb*Updated Goals 9/28: Ghost Stories & Fiddling
*Pumpkin2* This is more like it, though I didn't accomplish the entire list. I'm pretty happy with what I did get done. And since my internet has been spotty, I'm on and off, so I'm turning this in this morning since I have five green lights on my modem at the moment. *Wink*

*Boxcheckb* Continue to work on my collection of ghost stories for kids. *Ghost* I'm on my 5th story so far, just trying to figure out how I want to end it. Not sure how many stories I'll end up writing, but so far, it's going well. *Smile*
I struggled a bit with how to end the 5th story, but finally it came to me and I'm quite satisfied with it. Can't wait to get started with the next ghost story! *Ghost*

*Boxcheckb* Update "The Prompt Me Contest and "Picture a Story CLOSED/UnderConstruction and re-open. Post in Newsfeed and Community Contest. *Badge4*
Oh, it does feel good to have these back up and open again! I like them because they are simple and don't require bitems so Newbies can enter, too. And of course, they are a bit different from the average contest, and good practice for entrants. *Computer*

*Boxcheckb* This week I would love to get all my throw rugs washed along with blankets and bed sheets. I love, love, love the line-fresh scent on my sheets and blankets! *Bed*
Fresh sheets! Love the smell! My blanket, too. Still have to wash my rugs though. *Wink*

*Box* Pick one manuscript I've already completed and send it out to a publisher. If I can just get that first one out there, hopefully I'll break through that mental barrier! *Fencebr**Fencebr**Fencebr*
You know, I just keep spinning my tires on this one. It doesn't help that most of my writing documents are trapped in my old computer and I really need to hook it up and figure out how to transfer them to my laptop. *Headbang*

*Boxcheckb* Start getting in more steps. *Sneaker1* *Sneaker1* It really makes a difference. Did well while camping, usually got in over 10,000 steps per day, but since we've been home, I've slacked in the walking department. *RollEyes*
Well, I did go for a 2 mile walk the other day, and I've been getting in lots more steps around our property. I'm not where I'd to be with this, but it's a start. *Bigsmile*

*Box* Write a letter (yes, snail mail *SnailB* *NotepadY* ) to the elderly man we met at the campgrounds last year. We've become pen pals and have also helped him set up his tent and take it down. He's 84 years old and uses a walker and he still camps!
Gotta do this! Just haven't yet. *Frown*

*Boxcheckb* Make potato salad for hubby. *Utensils*
Hubby is so happy! He even had me bring some up to his mom's house. He loves my potato salad! *Hungry*

*Boxcheckb* Start practicing my violin and/or guitar again! There is no excuse not to and I have gotten away from it over the years and miss it! *Violin* *Guitar*
Yes! I've practiced my violin just about every day since I set this goal and I'm lovin' it! I only picked up my guitar once, but I did order a book on Amazon to help me practice fingerpicking. *BookOpen*

*Boxcheckb* Get my hair trimmed. *Cut*
I'm leaving in half an hour! Set the appointment with my sister-in-law and finally... my split-ends will be history! *ConfettiBR**ConfettiBR**ConfettiBR*

*Box* Work on greeting card jingles. Once I get a dozen or so written, I'll send them all in (the best ones, that is.) *Cards*
Notta in da cards dis weeka. *Notepad*

*Box* Get rid of clothes I'll never wear again. Take to Goodwill! *CarV**Left**Shirtg**PantsGr**Heel**PurseP*
Haven't made the time to do this yet, but I will! *Clock2*

*Box* Decorate for the season! *Pumpkin2* *Corn* *Leafo*
Yikes, I really need to do this! *Shock2*

*Boxcheckb* Cut down the drooping sunflowers and stick the heads in various places for the birds to feed off. *FlowerY* *Bird*
I will not be planting so many tall, giant sunflowers next year! *Cool* But they looked great till the heads got so big and heavy, lol.

*Box* Start a rough draft of children's story for kindergarten picture book contest through Institute of Children's Literature. *Type*
I know this doesn't count, but I did read the guidlelines to the contest yesterday. *Rolleyes*

All-in-all, I feel pretty good about what I've accomplished on this list for this week. *Smile*
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
*Boxcheckb*Updated Goals 9/28: Ghost Stories & Fiddling · 09-28-18 8:05am
by Cubby~Cheering House Florent!

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3216646